Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
21 - 40 of 1,910 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Gay. Change it. :lol: Its coming along pretty nice. I'm curious to see how its going to turn out with the Do-luck sideskirts fitted to the chargespeed fenders. Craig, when is the tune? You have one scheduled yet? I'm pretty sure he has methanol at Harman, but in case he doesn't you can have some of mine for the tune.

Anyway...looking good man.
thanks dude. probably shouldve put you in the thanks section. i probably could use a tank of that meth if you have some lying around. when you get your baby back bring it over here.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Awesome swap! I really like your hood. I bet that hood keeps the temperatures in the engine bay low!
thank you sir. some people dont care for it until they see it in person. it does help with air flow and really helps keep the engine temps low. plus its pretty light weight.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
ooooh i get her tuned monday!!!!!!!!
i cant wait.
i was toying with some ideas for a license plate. i know they are stupid but heres a few:

EJTWNTK ........................NICETRY
BIGSTIK ........................NEXTIME
GEECEE8 ........................OEM NOT
GC8LOVN ........................STI FTW
LIL STI .........................BEATKNR
BLOWME .........................OSEEYEA

Discussion starter · #28 ·
ok so she was tuned yesterday.....slightly. on a dyno dynamics dyno (which i guess reads very low compared to a mustang dyno) she put down about 225-230whp, on 91 pump, 19lbs of boost, on misfiring spark plugs. the spark plugs were so fouled this guy just couldn't get it to hook up and at aroun 5000rpms the car would just stutter. he did however fix it so that when i get new spark plugs, they wont burn out so quickly so ill get another tune in january. we didn't even turn the meth kit on.

i am disapointed as i was shooting for aroun 280-300whp, however, the car pulls way better than it ever did, even on 100 octane, and the stutter i felt before aka misfire is practically gone. i would imagine with the new spark plugs, 3inch dp, and intro of meth we'll be rollin alot better. stay tuned (no pun intended)

on the dyno i was on yesterday, add %15 of 230 and thats what i'd hit on a mustang dyno, supposedly.

those are still big numbers even with a misfiring spark plug problem. props to you! what kind of spark plugs were you running and also what spark plugs do you plan on getting?

Those are some massice dents you have, nasty. Car looks great, good choice on going back to stock ligh housing the morrettes are gross :p

Discussion starter · #31 ·
the swap came with ngk iridiums but the tuner said he liked copper plugs so i'll go check those out today. he said i'll notice an immediate difference when i switch the plugs.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Those are some massice dents you have, nasty. Car looks great, good choice on going back to stock ligh housing the morrettes are gross :p
yes i know the dents came with the car. thanks for pointing them out. i didnt see them before. the light housings are not stock, they are the denso blacked out housing. still have a lot of work to go

Discussion starter · #34 ·
does anyone want to do a photoshop job for my car? please paint the entire car a bright silver, along with the hood but leave the hood vents unpainted and paint my rims white. i think im going with white for sure.

21 - 40 of 1,910 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.