Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
Yes, the old ones are known to break. I would go ahead and get some 04 WRX brackets. They're only $35.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Not to go against you, aegean93l, but they're not necessarily needed I don't think. Of course, there's nothing wrong with upgrading them :) Stronger ones will get the most out of your bar and links (and they won't break), but if for some reason you can't get them, don't be afraid to install it.

·
Registered
2005 2.5RS
60 Posts
Not sure if my brackets are different than yours, but I have a 20mm RSB with whiteline solid endlinks and they are holding up just fine. My car is a 2005 RS.

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
i pulled my rear brakets and welded on some plates to the side instead of payin 120 for whitline brackets works just fine

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
flatlander4510 said:
Not sure if my brackets are different than yours, but I have a 20mm RSB with whiteline solid endlinks and they are holding up just fine. My car is a 2005 RS.
Your car is newer. It hasn't taken the stress and beating from 7+ years of being driven. Ofcourse metal can only take so much stress and gets weak over time. The stock brackets on my 00RS looked like they would break just by looking at them funny. I have the whiteline brackets.

·
Premium Member
01 RS, EG33 swapped and gutted
241 Posts
just buy the whiteline heavy duty ones. they're only like 120$ shipped or something

·
Registered
2012 Audi S4
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm well i went with the 04wrx upgrade for the brackets, i cant imagine paying 85 bucks for BRACKETS.

and for someone that said they are fine, well you have a 05 car things are much less prone to rust and wear at this point. my car is 8 years old and more lilely to give out with such a big upgrade. better replace em now then when they do go :p

thanks to all that replied

·
Registered
00 OBS Silverthorn Metallic
4,184 Posts
I have a 99RS and I upgraded to the STi 21mm pink RSB. The bushing design for the larger RSB was a different design compared to my stock 13mm RSB. The newer bushing has lips on the outer edges that stick out from the clamp on the bracket. The stock bushings are actually cupped by the clamp. To replace the clamps, you have to replace the brackets as well to make it work. I upgraded to the STi brackets and clamps which are the same as all newer Imprezas including the 05RS I believe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts