Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought new rims 17" and the lug set is not line up we're and how do I replace for bigger hubs. And is this what I need to do.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Buy different rims, you probably got 5x114.3 rims instead of the stock size of 5x100. Swapping to different hubs is counter intuitive and more work than its worth just to have new rims.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. Well then let's see if I can return the rims and if not looks like I'm doing a lot of work.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,138 Posts
A hub swap isn't cost effective. You would have to source 05-07 STI hubs, get some custom axles to use your stock diff, or STI axles to use the sti diff. Then your front suspension doesn't fit, so you'd have to replace the front struts, plus the rears so the car doesn't handle like garbage. This will end up being thousands of dollars.

I would figure out what the bolt spacing is on your new wheels, then buy a product like this:

Your car's stock bolt pattern is 5x100. Know that you will most likely have to replace all 20 of your wheel studs with longer ones, so there is enough "meat" on the studs to tighten everything properly.

Or, you could get wheels in 5x100 and be happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all that. Very helpful. I already have the rims. So I'll check the spacer option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts