Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· mix and match..:)
MY99 GF4 Ver6 Re-creation
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys know..the Survey at the top of the susupension forum has been up for a while...Well after deliberations..I am Proud to announce that..

OHLINS USA is going to produce Coilover suspensions for the GC8, GDD and GDA's...This is awesome news as I have been working on it for about 2 monthes...These are the Real deal.

Some Details: The Suspension system is not available YET to the public as R&D will commence here in the near near future on a MY00 RS, a WRX sedan and a WRX wagon...Sytems will be tested for about a month or so and once everything is good to go will go to production.

2nd..The Systems will be of coilover design, using there Patented PCV system, and will have both dampning and rebound adjustments. the "clicks" are infinate for further dial in. They will most likely have pillowball mounts or a Group N(STi) tophat. They will probably have helper springs.
The shaft will be 45mm..Standard design...and will have Various Spring Rates...Most likley we will start off with a 400lb front and the 350 rear..but any number of possibilities exist...have to see how the R&D goes...

3rd. Keep filling out the survey at the top...Ohlins is going to forward all the survey
data to Ohlins Home in Sweden...So Make it count..

4th...Today was the most awesome day I have had in quite a while...touring the Ohlins shop, talking to the designers...and generally having a blast...Those not familiar with Ohlins...You will..Ohlins designs and manufactors all the PRODRIVE Rally stuff...including Tommi Mak's and Solberg's...as well as TEAM Subaru USA...REALLY Trick Stuff...One corner on a WRC car cost's about $11000...not a misprint...Eleven Grand a corner..
The build some F1, CART, NASCAR, WRC, And some touring applications in Europe...

5th..Price is being worked on to ensure they competitive in the Street/AutoX/Track market with some of the other Suspension manufactors out there...Won't know anything for a couple of weeks or so on that...

Lastly...Thanks guys for your input and I hope this is good news for you..I know it is for me...

Anyone want to buy a 2 year old set of LEDA option B's...

If you have any questions..don't hesistate to ask

Scooby South

849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
45mm is going to be for the street, lite rally cross...you want the full blown WRC deal...fork up 40 Grand and you can have the same Suspension as Solberg, Tommi and the US Rally team..:)...
This suspension is not designed for all out....but can be arranged...:D:D:D:D:run:

849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok...Quick update..
I talked to Ohlins again today...They will be ready to do a shakedown run on the coilovers here in the next couple of weeks...(they are building them from scratch from existing parts)...Things are going nicely...intial production is going to be about 25 sets...We are going to split it up with about 15 36 mm sets and the rest 46mm sets unless you guys can convince me differetly...I have the opportunity to make a couple of one off with adjustable dampning and High and low speed compression...If you would like to be on the waiting list for these..plese e-mailme to get the ball rolling...We are still trying to decide on upper mounts...It will be with Camber Plates(pillow ball mounts,up front and solid rear mounts in the rear...the other option will be STANDARD group "N" uppers front and rear...or STi's...Price is very close too as I think you will be Very happy...It should be around the same as the upper level DMS's...with a possibility of matching straight up...The Triple adjustable will have a Remote Resoivor system..
Thanks for the interest guys...

Scooby SouthEmail

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.