Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999, RS, Silver 2 Door
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering if anyone has done this HID conversion with the Bi-Xenon light so you have low beam and high beam with the HID. I just want some input before I buy them.

·
Premium Member
2005 STI , 1998 Outback Sport
206 Posts
imho do it right and find a set of bixenon projectors, when you use the cheap drop in kits you just end up blinding everyone and getting a bunch of glare which results in a little better then stock halogen. Im in the process my self collecting pieces to retrofit projectors into my headlights. But hey thats the way i look at it. If you feel like doing the drop in go for it. Just realize that hid truly shine when used in conjunction with hid projectors, its night and day difference.

·
Registered
1999, RS, Silver 2 Door
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I forgot I have the Projectors from ebay. I was just reading up on it and I guess I don't need the Bi-Xenon lights. But the thing is most kits come with one HID for the Low beam and just regular for the high beam. Any other thoughts.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
^Yea those are "projectors" but they are not HID projectors, theres a big difference. You projectors were made for halogen and lack the width and spread of intensity HID projectors have. If you want to do the right thing you should retrofit your crappy ebay projector and put in a OEM HID projector (single or bixenon). Then if you get single xenon put a kit if you want into the high beam reflector since it doesnt really matter what the beam pattern is or how much glare it produces when high beams are activated. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts