Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so many of you may have a stainless return line going over the crossmember, under the motor by the motor mount, if so, look if it sits on top of the two metal powersteering lines. GET IT OFF THOSE, yesterday mine ate through the feed line side and shot fluid everywhere. Not fun.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hey Kaos!

Sorry to hear about that. How's your car running besides that? I'm starting to browse this forum now as in a couple of months hope to join you and others in the RS-T mustang-eating club :)

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
obsidian said:
Hey Kaos!

Sorry to hear about that. How's your car running besides that? I'm starting to browse this forum now as in a couple of months hope to join you and others in the RS-T mustang-eating club :)
Hey man howsit? Where you been? Its running ok and Im just having fun with it for now. The planned upgrade path however always has more in store for me. And my poor wallet!
What kinda setup are you gonna run?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. You may be able to help me out though. How hard was the steering after that? I'm considering removing power steering from my project L. It's very hard to turn the wheel if you just shut off the engine while driving, but you've got all that fluid going through the pump still that is no longer turning. So with the blown line, the pump should have been taken out of the loop. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Kaos22B said:
Hey man howsit? Where you been? Its running ok and Im just having fun with it for now. The planned upgrade path however always has more in store for me. And my poor wallet!
What kinda setup are you gonna run?
I've been good just busy with work so haven't had much time to cruise up north. Especially now with Kevin being so busy, too.

I'm looking at the AVO Turbo kit right now. Around the new year I'll start getting more serious into it and making sure I have everything I need like researching clutches and stuff to make sure I keep my car happy :)

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eby said:
Sorry to hear about that. You may be able to help me out though. How hard was the steering after that? I'm considering removing power steering from my project L. It's very hard to turn the wheel if you just shut off the engine while driving, but you've got all that fluid going through the pump still that is no longer turning. So with the blown line, the pump should have been taken out of the loop. Thanks.
It was pretty damn hard to turn unless I was at speed.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Kaos -- what clutches have you tried and what have you liked/disliked. I seem to remember that you've tried a few and you had strong opinions on some of them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
MY99 STM GM6 RST RIP
11 Posts
Probably the best thing to do is to replace that oil return line with non-ss braided line. Like Aeroquip AQP.

·
Registered
1999 RS Coupe Aspen White
313 Posts
Tin-Man said:
Probably the best thing to do is to replace that oil return line with non-ss braided line. Like Aeroquip AQP.

Is this a WRX oil pan?? Does it come with the return feed fitting stock?

·
Registered
MY99 STM GM6 RST RIP
11 Posts
Yes it is a WRX oil pan. Holds 5 quarts.
It is a Kartboy modified variety. Looks OEM eh? Oil return bung and welding supplied by Tom.
120 degree 8an fitting by Aeroquip.
8AN AQP nylon reinforced hose by Aeroquip.
The oil cooler is off of a Forester Automatic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts