Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
BRP GC8
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some fogs lights and bumper vents from him on NASIOC. He wanted me to send the money as a gift to avoid the fees(which I ended up paying and was dumb on my part) I sent him the money and didn't hear back from him for a week because "his motor was shorting out and he got in a wreck", no problem I waited. I finally receive the lights only to find out they are pitted like the moon and the brackets were rusted through. Now he won't reply to any of my messages. $170 down the drain for some busted fog lights.

·
Registered
BRP GC8
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They aren't busted, the pitting is bad enough for my finger nail to get hung up on them.

·
Registered
BRP GC8
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I trusted his word they were good. I asked him if they were good and clean, his reply was yeah except I broke two bolts of in them. He just replied today to say they had 100k miles on them. So in the end I paid $170 for some fogs and go free rusted and broken brackets.

·
Registered
BRP GC8
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aguyinthesky said:
BRP_RS said:
If the fogs and vents are not messed up and have the hardware, I will take the charge.
Out of all 8 bolts for both brackets, two bolt heads broke but ill give u hardware with it. Other than that, everythings great
Yeah I messed up by not asking for pics but he said everything was great so I went with it.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,627 Posts
Never buy from people you don't know by sending the money as a gift. 3% paypal fee is worth the safety.

·
aka arangov3
Do noffin Foz
2,802 Posts
if anyone pays me with gift i send them a pic of my drivers license so you know where to go if I send you something you didn't expect on the other hand I always talk someone into paying fees by saying I am paying this much for it and thats all I can pay if they don't want my money I will go elsewhere and so far they have always paid fees

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,315 Posts
I bought some doors from him and they are in great shape despite being shipped with greyhound, which was the best option pricewise. He gave me a great price as well. It only makes sense to ask for pics. The last set of fogs I bought from someone had pitting. Its almost impossible for them not to have pits, being so low everything hits them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts