Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best turbo to use for a homemade kit? I have a Mitsubishi TE04H from a Dodge 2.2 turbo. I was told it would work just fine, great quick spool up.

Now I am being told that it is too small. I will be honest and tell you that I don't understand turbo specs, so help me out here.

If this turbo will not work, what is the best turbo for the job?

Thanks, boost confused

·
Registered
46 Posts
What do you want out of your turbo setup? Big hp numbers or just a little more ooomph? A smaller turbo will provide better low end grunt, however, at higher rpms will poop-out. Conversely, a larger turbo will move the powerband slightly higher in the rpm range (maybe 3000rpm or so depending on the turbo) but will give gains into redline.

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
Man 2.5GT I wish I was still in MD so I could see your car!

Ok to add to this post, comparing a big turbo to a small, say you run 5psi, and the small one give you quick spool low end power, and the big tubro gives you righ end power. which one is nicer to the tranny?

Anthony C

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think you're the lucky one here:sunny:

We're still getting snow that started this morning . . . not supposed to stop until Friday!!

I used to love the snow, but this is starting to get ridiculous:eek:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want more umph all around. Low end torgue is my primary interest. I would like to see an increase at 22-2500rpm thru redline. This may not be possible with the turbo I have, but that Is what I need to find out.

Thanks

·
Registered
852 Posts
The WRX TD04 will give you a nice all around oomph. This is a good turbo for what you are looking for, though it is still considered small for the 2.5L engine.

Graham

1 - 8 of 8 Posts