Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,762 Posts
Giving a detail of what you're looking to do with it, would help a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i plan on racing my GC8 in nasa and i was looking for some good suspension, i have 2k to spend so buying them used isnt a problem with me lol

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
how good is the stock sti suspension? like an 04 and up?
If that is your plan to use a stock suspension is a Nasa racing event. You better think twice. Unless winning is not your top priority.

I have doubt that you are actually competing a real race event. Is this for HPDE?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is my first year running nasa so i will be running HPDE, i am new to the track scene lol. Does AST make suspension for the GC8? i've looked couldnt really find anything about it, and i was told to look into them.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
It's a driving event not racing. I say just drive on what you have right now and focus on the proper driving line and techniques.

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Ya, if you're new to track driving, best to just get use to it, before jumping into any upgrades. Also take it easy when you start, although it's not like they'll let you go hard at HDPE anyways, according to their site.

Either way, take it easy and I'd say learn how to brake. That's what I see that causes the most accidents, bad braking. People braking too late, braking too hard, braking in a turn and not thinking about the weight shift, etc.

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
there is a best suspension for a GC8?

what level of a driver are you at? pro license? is the car caged? what tires? what other suspension mods are done to the car?

edit...you're doing HPDE. It's a ton of fun, but it's not racing. Save the $2000 and get yourself a good helmet, some good gloves, a pyrometer with tire pressure gauge and good tires. Between that and entry fees, you'll spend your $2k with the blink of an eye. Anything left over, save it for maintenance.

Take notes...on paper, after every session. Take note of what the car is doing well, and what it's not. The car, even in stock form with good tires, is likely to be far more capable than the individual first time HPDE'er behind the wheel. Once you know what the car does and doesn't do well with you behind the wheel, then it makes sense to make upgrades, gain your pro licence, and then move up the ranks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts