Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru 2.5RS, Black
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order some lowering springs but dont know which ones yet. I know teins drop the ride about 2 inches in the front and balance the fender gap in the front and rear but arent good for the stock struts and dont really improve handling. So i guess its between eibach, prodrive, and sti pinks.

My ? is which one of the three delivers the best compromise for performance, the least strut wear, and drop.

Dont want to become like that bouncing civic i saw on the highway, lol

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Prodrive, without question and without argument.

If you want to meet those qualities, all of them, there's no other choice. Among your listed options, at least.

Though there's few other springs which would meet those qualities even outside those choices.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Wondering why you didn't list H&R... So maybe I don't know much about springs and rates but blah they work good for me. Yeah it is pretty bumpy but I have my DD set to max stiffness on AGXs so I expect it. The ride height it sick though, I love it.

·
Registered
'99 gc8 project & '16 wrx
776 Posts
H&R will not fulfill you even drop. With the H&R's they sag a bit in the rear, drive me crazy. I have been on them for 6 months now, I am changing to P1's in the next couple of weeks, can't wait. I think P1's will suit your needs more, H&R's give you a great drop, but it is pretty low, and the ass sag sucks.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru 2.5RS, Black
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 05 sedan but that fender gap up front sucks. I guess i'll go with prodrive springs and buy some new wheels in the future. I would love to get 06/07 wrx wheels if i could find a seller.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts