Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Best Places to Hunt for a 2.5RS Coupe?

8K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  mmistertubbs 
#1 · (Edited)
Ever since COVID lockdown started, I’ve had an itch to find an older Subaru as a “vintage” project and/or collector’s car. Almost went for a 1989 Subaru GL AWD turbo wagon, but decided I wanted something more sporty and drivable.

The other day, I was browsing Doug DeMuro’s CarsandBids.com for the first time. Came across this pristine 1999 2.5 RS Coupe, which sold last November (2020). This one being gone led me to wonder where the best place(s) would be to hunt for a 2.5 RS Coupe.

The classifieds on rs25.com are relatively sparse. I am always trolling local Craig’s List ads, but those are hit or miss. There’s always BringaTrailer.com and more recently CarsandBids.com.

Any other good places to look for a 2.5 RS Coupe?

#3 ·
RS25.com is probably the best place to find these cars. There are several in the classifieds right now in varying condition. These cars are hard to find and will only become more difficult to find going forward. Probably every other week someone posts a WTB thread looking for a clean, manual, RS coupe in running and driving condition. Such a clean example usually sells for $3500+ on here if you’re lucky enough to find one for sale. The best deals on these cars are most definitely on craigslist.

#4 ·
RS25.com is probably the best place to find these cars. There are several in the classifieds right now in varying condition.
Last posts in the classifieds are a month old or worse. And they’re inquiries from potential buyers that the sellers haven’t responded to. Don’t think that’s an encouraging sign, unfortunately. :confused:

I guess I’ll keep looking around on Craig’s list. I’ve seen them there before. And it’s not like I need a project car urgently, quite the opposite. ;)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.