Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
I just got my AGX's and I need springs. I was thinging Eibach Pro or Prodrive P1's. Mike at SPD USA recomends the eibach for the AGX, even though they are cheaper than the P1. (he sells both) Looking at the Eibach's rates, I see they are not much higher rate than stock, and the progressive rears seem to be actually LIGHTER at the begining of their travel than stock. Also, I'm not wild about the rear being lower than the front; I've seen it on a GC8 with AGX and it doesn't look right to me. I'd like 3/4"-1" drop, but EQUAL drop on all 4 corners. I'm going around in circles.
Any advice is welcomed and badly needed! Thanks! :eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm getting my AGX's installed along with Eibach Prokits. I've heard the same stuff:

1) it's a great combination
2) bang for the buck
3) it may drop the rear more than the front
4) blah blah blah

I'll find out in about a week once they're installed.

gone

you may also want to check "the other" club. there's more garbage to sift through, but also more people who have this setup. see what they have to say...

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks gone.

I picked up a deal I could not pass up on some used 5zigen springs and installed them today with the generous help of ARG.
One of the OEM struts was totally flat, the other 3 were very hurt. These 5zigen's droped the car A LOT. (about one and a half inches) Turn in is great, body roll is almost flat even with this noodle rear sway bar. (20mm going in soon) The ride is not too bad, even with the rear struts on 6 and the fronts on 3. I'll probably turn the rears back down to 4 and the front to 2 tomorrow. The bump-steer is kind of excessive, I'm sure because the A-arm geometry is now way out of spec. Looks great, but I'm thinking I should have (probably will) find another spring.

Good luck with your kit gone, you will love these struts!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been very happy with my Eibach's and AGX's. I autox on them all the time, and most other cars aren't very close. If you're really looking for handling vs. just a very stiff/low ride, I would highly recommend the eibachs. I would also consider H&R springs. I've never used them on a Subaru, but I really liked them on my old civic and I know a ton of BMW drivers that swear by them. Just my $.02.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts