Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
The Turbo/Superchargers forum. But before you do that, you'll need to apply for Vendor status, if you plan on selling anything.

I'll move this thread for you, if you just want to have a "gathering interest" kind of thing. But you'll need to start the process of getting Vendor status.

http://www.rs25.com/vendors

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I know there's a couple of other companies working on supercharger kits for the Impreza, but no positive results yet. I'd be interested to see what kind of price you would put on a kit made for direct (or near) bolt-on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Siper - please move the thread for me and subscribe me to it.

I do need to gauge interest to justify the investment of resources in this project. If there is no interest, then I should select a different car for our next kit development.

·
Banned
'04 RS PBP w/ Black Tarmacs
1,805 Posts
I've been pondering an SC kit.

An SC would work great in auto-x.

I think a company called Rimmer made them a few years back. I've heard they got a rep for blowing engines though because of inconsistent engine tuning which has come along way in a short time.

I know Raptor is in the process of putting together a kit with a Centrifugal supercharger. The video is impressive.

I also know alot of people would rather have a roots based kit for more torque, but here's the way I see it.

Centrifugal SC's are more efficient and 2.5's have alot of torque on the low end.

The big downside of course is superchargers are so expensive. That's going to be a limiting factor.

·
Registered
1990 legacy wagon
679 Posts
If you can get a supercharger to boost 20+ lbs, then you have a winner.

If less, the power hungry will tend to just go turbo.

The NA cars blow up with 8psi or more on a regular basis.

But back to the 20+ psi bit, seriously, you would have autocrossers wanting it.

Or build a twin charger kit!

·
Registered
V4 Sti BRP, 98LGT SP, 94SVX PW
731 Posts
How about getting me a deal on a Vortech V7 YSi ?

The main problem with a kit is its cost.
You would need a kit in the sub 2K mark (8-10 PSi) And with SC's costing so freaking much new. Looking at your prices. I doubt this will go anywhere.
The average RS owner is not the average Porche owner.

I'm with RedDevil.
I am looking at 25 PSi while retaining a top mount intercooler. Not much work to do with the route I am going (slooowwwlly due to $ see first line!). I will fab a mount, intake box, and 2 pipes. Pretty damn simple.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Drop a "Z" out of the word Impreza, or the company will be looked upon as another eby-type parts hustler.....

kthxbye.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS and
438 Posts
Yeah, having SC might bring new world in Imp..... As for now, like a lot of ppl has said price isn't convincing us to buy it. Instead go with safe side "Turbo" is worth the money.

btw, reddevil: that's pretty awesome! I think, that's the 2nd STC that I've seen. Last one was, twin TC with amg SC, I think that one was pressing over 800hp

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
I think a lot of us would have interest in a SC kit so long as it makes a lot of boost (compared to the 5-6psi others offer) and doesn't cost as much or more than an engine swap as all the others do. Those are the only 2 downsides to the rest of the kits out there so far.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS, Sedona Red
41 Posts
I would be very interested in even a low PSI Supercharger for my 2000 RS. No one makes a kit thats even suggested for '99 to '01 and rebuilding an engine for someone who uses their vehicle as a daily driver simply isnt an option. Something offering up to 6PSI on a stock build would be perfect for those of us who dont autox but just want some more pep out of our cars.

As far as letting them use my car...if it werent my daily driver and there was an agreement that a blown engine is grounds for a new one...then there really isnt much to lose. If there is no agreement that damage to the car will be compensated then you would have to be mad to let someone take it for two unmonitored months!

Just my take on things...

·
Registered
V4 Sti BRP, 98LGT SP, 94SVX PW
731 Posts
The problem is that it would cost more than a trubo swap.
2-3 times more!

Sorry but this will not happen for the same reason
it hasnt happened already. Our cards produce torque already and you can swap entire blocks already turbo'd for less than 3K. F! that is the cost of JUST the SC i want!
$2895 !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
99 RS WRB/SOLD
67 Posts
Sc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck with the build and R&D alot of us like the SC over turbos but all the kits prior that were designed to boost n/a models were let downs and were poorly thought or failed to negotiate the A/F tuning.I know Raptor SC in AUS had built a full kit a gave dyno specs but has not released a kit cost or availabiltiy at all.Red Devil on NOSIAC is the true master of SC N/A subies with his homebuilt kit he has been working on for 2 years.

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs Dark Blue
102 Posts
I would love a low boost (6-7 psi) sc kit. It's my daily driver so I don't want to have to build it or swap it, but a nice low boost sc kit that I could put on in a day would be nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts