Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the best switch I have ever seen that fits in the change spaces of a 2000 RS. All I had to do to make it fit was cope out the little nub where the change space went and use a rasp to lightly trim down the hole. After I got the space a little bit larger I just lightly but firmly pushed the switch in and it's solid, no play in any direction. Looks great too.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the switch running two neon tubes under my front seats. Let me know if you'd like the model number, I'm sure I could find it somewhere around here.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Yeah, I was going to say, where'd you get it, what's the part number, and how much did it cost? :D

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
Damn that is cool. I have seen some pretty good looking switches, but that one looks stock. Definately a nice little mod. Give us the info!!!

jonathan

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok finally here's the pic. I got the switch at lowes for something around $3 or $4 even if it was $10 it would still be worth it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
Alright. I just went and got one and put it in. Definately a cool little interior mod. I think those coin slots are stupid personally. I am thinking about putting in two more switches for the upper two coin slots, but I really won't have anything to use the switches for and I am not sure if they will look quite as good since there isn't a raised lip around the coin slots like their is for the lower one. Anyways, a damn cool mod.

Thanks scrubaru

jonathan

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about putting two in the upper change spaces too but I don't think it's going to work out. Like you said the raised lip on the lower one makes the switch fit perfect. I think if I put two of them up top they would hit each other and just end up looking like shit. I'm going to put three new switches in tomorrow hopefully, not in the console though....some place different. I'll tell you where after I get them in because if it doesn't work out I don't wanna look like an ass.:D
What are you running with your new switch by the way?
Any probs with the install?

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
The install was fine. It took abuot 5 minutes since the piece that surrounds the switch/coin slot snaps out, it was easy to work with. I still don't have anything good to run the swith with. Right now I have a switch mounted in the fuse tray that turns my amp on and off, since I don't always want bass when I am listening to talk radio... so I think I will use the switch for that for now.

jonathan

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SPDT? as in single pole double toggle? you'll have to clarify since i'm not accustomed to that acronym

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, that's what i thought you meant. I have never seen them and I actually used to work in the elec. department at lowes for 3yrs and I could never even order them in. That was over a year ago so I don't know they might have them available now. Just ask someone at lowes if they can special order them.

·
Premium Member
12,127 Posts
Ok ive searched my ass off looking for this damn switch! No one around here carries the Gardner Bender Product and any similar product is to small or to big. :bonk: :curse:

·
Premium Member
12,127 Posts
the radioshack in my town doesnt have it, but my town is in the good ol US of A

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F002%5F015%5F006&product%5Fid=275%2D601

My switch. It's mounted in one of the empty slots next to the cruise button. Doesn't do anything right now, but when I get my hella's in, it'll run them.

It appears radio shack america doesn't stock the switches (yeah, they've changed over to just another department store now, no more hobby oriented stuff, resistors/caps/etc. are just a VERY small section of the store now. Their circling the drain).

I'd suggest just buying it from the .ca site and paying for the shipping. Remember, that $3.99 is in canadian money.

Or you could just go find a lowes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts