• other (list)

Votes: 159 26.5%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
n/a
266 Posts
I have a B&B twin tip TBE going on soon, i'll let you know how that sounds. Maybe i'll get a sound clip if my friend will let me use his hosting space.

·
Registered
RHD 97 STi
3,041 Posts
just slapped on a stromung after having a magnaflow for a while. Its alot quieter now... a little too quiet

·
Registered
07 3.6 4mo passat wagon
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
mykrrrr said:
Scoobysport H&S.

yeah thats what i finally decided on and im glad i spent some extra green for it

excellent quality and one of a kinda sound

·
Registered
05 2.5RS Wagon
84 Posts
I swapped a WRX muffler on my old Legacy and it sounded great. So when I came across another WRX system I had to give it a try on my new RS. And it is perfect. It is OE so it looks OE which means no Stink-Eye from the dealer. It is free-er flowing and not too loud, no weird resonance or anything. My Legacy used to ROAR in off throttle/engine braking, the RS doesn’t just a bit louder-a bit boxier. Anyway, the hangers are all in the right position and I had to mod the flange. I had the WRX mid pipe also, so I cut the flanges of the aft end of my RS' and the WRX's midpipe. I then had a muffler shop install a step up, 2" to 2 1/4" or something, and weld the foreword section of the RS pipe to the aft section of the WRX pipe. So now the flange is of the size and is properly “clocked” for any WRX aftermarket muffler if I want to in the future. I’ve got a sound clip of the Legacy if any are interested. I found that if you simply pull the chrome tips back a few mm off the real exhaust pipes it alleviates the “whistling WRX muffler phenomenon,” don’t know why but it works.

·
Registered
99 silv P1 look-a-like ej207
1,039 Posts
once i get my friends video camera i will post some sound clips, of the one piece non-resonator exhaust from rallispec with apex'i N1 universal can welded on it. i dont have headers yet, soon to come, but i will show clips of my car and my friends with same exhaust, but he has borlas....gives the scooby sport a run for the money....sound wise that is.

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
are you guys putting the wrx scoobysport exhausts on your RS because i didn't see that made one for the RS. isn't the lack of back pressure on it a bit too much? just wondering but i have noticed that the boxers seem to need less back pressure to still maintain good torque levels unlike most 4 bangers. just trying to figure out the best way to go on my soon to come setup.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RSTi
384 Posts
I had the Greddy EVOII catback on mine, its 2.25" with a 115mm tip and I had no problem with torque... Not too sure about the scoobysport exhaust tho.

·
Registered
07 3.6 4mo passat wagon
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Bootleg said:
where can i find a scoobysport?

i got mine from rallyperformance.com

bought the evo muffler instead of the subaru
same muffler just had to cut off the pipe that was on it

ask em they might still have some
save you some money

·
Registered
2004 JBP WRX
5 Posts
I voted for ScoobySport. I have the twin tip version on my wrx which will go on my rs when I actually find one. But I've heard the Prodrive and Stromung which sound great as well. Also, got mine from Daddy's Sport Compact Performance, http://www.daddysscp.com/ , had them in stock, but pricey.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got the 5 ziegen, stock headers and sound throatle as hell, very loud to get people attention. It also makes that poping from axel back that actually shoots fireball by rev and down shift at 3000rpm. But the loudest of the RS at my city, my homeboi yia with his BPM twister exhaust with custom 2 3/4 mid. Sound very very very extreme loud, many people said it sound like a muscle car.LOL

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs RIP
157 Posts
Yea i have the same question are you guys who are running scoobysport exhuasts running the wrx one?
Bootleg said:
are you guys putting the wrx scoobysport exhausts on your RS because i didn't see that made one for the RS. isn't the lack of back pressure on it a bit too much? just wondering but i have noticed that the boxers seem to need less back pressure to still maintain good torque levels unlike most 4 bangers. just trying to figure out the best way to go on my soon to come setup.

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
tie mi sho is the shit

RS-TB said:
Got rice biatch. Tie Mi sho!!!
i wish today was thursday so i can get a hamburger for....39 cents @ mcdonalds baby!

i used to bump that shit back in high school and people would look at me like....WTF is he listening to. gotta love the shock factor of a chinaman with bad english skills tying to rap.

sorry, i know it was off topic but i had to say something in praise.

·
Registered
99 silv P1 look-a-like ej207
1,039 Posts
tonight i am going to post my ej18 and how it sounds with a rallispec pipe with a apexi N1 can welded on the back of it....i am getting borlas this weekend...so i will show before and after.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,702 Posts
My vote (from the dead, no?)...

Rallispec exhaust. It just a good, deep, boxer tone. Now I need to find a mic to get a sound clip.

41 - 60 of 183 Posts