Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my second set of "lifetime" warranty front axles, since the first set essploded sometime last year. It only took a few months and both sides on the front (back when I had fwd automatic) blew out both inner boots. I couldn't find anything that would touch them and cause it and I got another set. After having the second set for around three months, both sides started clicking like the original factory set. I spoke with the parts people about it and one of the managers agreed that I could wait until I swapped my springs in the future (just got the tanabes) to get the next set. Now I have the tanabe springs and should be swapping them soon.. just wondering:
-Why my first replacement set essploded only the inner boots on both sides
-If there is a set more suited for my current 5spd 96L transmission so I won't have to worry about the next set clicking prematurely or busting the inner boots

?????????????????????????

·
Registered
681 Posts
Axles are all basically the same. FWD axles are a bit bigger in shaft diameter than AWD axles but if you need to replace the than I would just get the ones that match the year of the car. the transmission really does not care what you run.

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,883 Posts
Well axles are not the same. I did a axle on the front of my 95 legacy. Well the replacement was noticably smaller. Not the shaft the CVs where smaller on the remanufactured shaft.

Now did the boots break or did it just start clicking? Thats how mine went. The boots where fine but the it made one hell of a noise just before it got swapped out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts