Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is been a recent rash of insulting posts in the buyer beware threads.
I think we've been a little too lax on letting the name calling slide.

Read the announcement at the top of the review forum.
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f110-member-reviews-scammer-reports

Expect a Zero Tolerance on rude behavior in the Buyer Beware threads.
If you've gotten away from it up until now, consider yourself lucky.
Because I'm going to start handing out points from now on.

·
Registered
98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
You would say something like that, you fascist.

:mamoru:

·
Premium Member
06 Lexus Rx400h
1,661 Posts
It’s a necessary evil IMO... Sucks you all have to baby sit because little Johnny's being mean and needs a time out..

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s a necessary evil IMO... Sucks you all have to baby sit because little Johnny's being mean and needs a time out..
I hope you don't mean to suggest that calling someone "an idiot" is a necessary evil?

Ok... I suspect that there might be the odd time it's needed, but 99.5% of the time it isn't.
If you (you in general) insist on suggesting that a poster is a "moron", you'll never get your point across. Because all they read is "bla bbla bla.. moron .. bla bla". They get mad at the moron comment, and could care less about any facts you provide. If you can't get your point across without the rude comments, then you most likely shouldn't be posting.

I've seen many of these threads come and go, and the ones where everybody keeps a level and civil head, seem to more often work out in the end.

·
Cpt. Pontiac
5,290 Posts
What thread? I haven't been on the interweb in a few days. I'm lost.

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all this from one very entertaining thread. :sigh:
That one, and one more that caught my eye.
I just can't stand it when these review threads spiral out of control mostly due to childish name calling. Some of it is too late for me to do anything about, but I'm going to do my best to curtail it from now on.

·
Premium Member
06 Lexus Rx400h
1,661 Posts
I simply meant what you just said skidd... but its sad that we are some grown and ass men and women and still they have to act like children when they get upset.. I have do so myself but on the very rare occasion..

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Skidd doesn't do that anymore ~ we had a chat! :blol:
:p Busted.

I simply meant what you just said skidd... but its sad that we are some grown and ass men and women and still they have to act like children when they get upset..
I thought so, but figured I'd make sure.

I have do so myself but on the very rare occasion..
As have I regrettably. But, it's pretty dang rare.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
That one, and one more that caught my eye.
I just can't stand it when these review threads spiral out of control mostly due to childish name calling. Some of it is too late for me to do anything about, but I'm going to do my best to curtail it from now on.
ah the other one you left a warning in...some peoples kids..ya know..:lol:

·
boost expert
S55
870 Posts
I wasn't really posting in it but I lurked at the beginning and just hopped in there earlier today... I agree with this notion, Skidd. Serving justice is necessary in a function like the marketplace on this site, but it is way to aggro for me in there; I bailed pretty fast. I hope that kind of thread doesn't discourage honest n00bs who were contemplating doing some business on this site :(

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ We (the mods) have always been pretty strict on the actual FS/WTT/WTB threads. But, I think we might have been a little too soft on these review threads. Not all, but some. I'd say the majority of them are just fine.

·
boost expert
S55
870 Posts
Yeah for clarification I was regarding only the one review. Otherwise we all know how friendly this site is, all the mods do a good job here especially being really fast at ninja-ing some posts.

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As a plan to try and cool down any rule-violating posts made by members who are directly related to a particular thread, their posts will not be deleted, but instead the contents will be. For example, if the OP makes a claim of XXXXX, and the person in question responds with name calling, and childish remarks, their post will be edited with something like "Edited by Mod: <insert short reason>". Thus, allowing the party to at least re-think and re-edit their post. Thus keeping their spot in the thread. Don't be surprised if points or a Warning ensue also. Same thing will most likely happen with the OP.

·
Cpt. Pontiac
5,290 Posts
Yeah for clarification I was regarding only the one review. Otherwise we all know how friendly this site is, all the mods do a good job here especially being really fast at ninja-ing some posts.

Yeah, I know of a few ninja edits that happened recently that saved us from a huge flamewar.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts