Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I have been talking about this for a month or so, and I may as well throw this up to make it public. Finally starting the rally whore build and boy won't this be a blast!

Back Story:

The first time I drove this car (not another car, this exact one) was in 2004 when my wife got this as her first car, before that it was her sisters, and before that her aunts. Its been the family beater for a while. I loves how nimble it was and always wanted to do something to it.

Fast forward to 2012, my father in law now drives it as his daily, he wanted a 4WD for winter, so he was going to sell it, I asked if he wanted to sell it to me for a rally project. His response: "****, ill just give it to you." So a not so happy wife and a signing of the title over and its ALL MINE!!!!! :banana:

This car is names Humphrey by the way, or as I like to call it, humpin' piece of AWESOMENESS!:clap:

Goals: Build up rally skills and gain confidence in rally-x, hopefully getting into Rally America {their rules state you must start with a FWD N/A, so this is perfect (Care of Phil, not true)}

List of mods: BONE STOCK

List of things it doesn't have:
-Power Steering
-A/C
-ABS
-Radio Mounts
-Working Trunk Latch
-Molding On Door
-Low Miles (194k)

Sponsors: None... YET! (aka, paging vendors on here :D)

Table of Contents:
Part Jaun, Le Tear Down

List of things to come:

And this is how it looks today...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
05 RS
2,596 Posts
Wirelessly posted (my sexy evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; SPH-L710 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

You dont have to start in a fwd car anymore. You can do awd na now

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope you gave yourself a bloody nose with that forceful facepalm. :_sure:

=P
nope, broken nose 2 times but not this go round...

Wirelessly posted (my sexy evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; SPH-L710 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

You dont have to start in a fwd car anymore. You can do awd na now
:banana: and i hate you, i appreciate you told me but i hate you for telling me too...

GTR swap that sucker!
i wish...

oh... and for the record, this car has no AC, no PS, and no ABS... all my power goes to the wheels, fuck you all... that is all...

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
is it not a gtx?
pretty sure if the journal starts with beater that means it'll not be... i would start the thread with "billy bad ass that will rape everyone on here 323" if it were a GTX, i mean i could swap it out, with the help of bob... COUGH...

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't cough near me, I don't want to get sick.
I'm gonna cough all over you and give you the clap!:clap:

I just need to find out what I would have to swap to do it and get a donor drive train and maybe a floorpan if its needed, but more than likely a hammer and sheet metal will get er done!

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Part Jaun, Le Tear Down

Came home from school and grabbed a beer and started tearing it down...

this is the 1.6L of sheer AWESOMENESS

Proof of the V8 1.6 MAGNUM

How I prop the hatch...

Some of the rust...

And the classy interior

Yup, its all gone now! Found a nice puddle in the spare tire, yummoh!

And because I am trying to spend time with my wife, I only got the trunk and rear seats done, next up is doors, carpet, and roof!

In other news, if yall know someone who wants to buy some trim pieces, I have a few :)

·
Premium Member
05 RS
2,596 Posts

Its cool you wont be in my class so i wont hate you lol

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
So, have you tried getting the lady friend in the garage to help you out? Perhaps you could try and get here interested in something you're doing.

Then go and be interested in something she's doign sometime, good bonding time!

·
Registered
2001 Coupe
1,256 Posts
Oh man, that looks like a whole ton of fun.

Doesn't look rusty, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot. The body like like the clear is gone, but I don't see rot.

Edit. I see in your list you mention "nut big" as a fix for rust. Is there some home brew rust fix I don't know about? Maybe that's a way to get the woman involved.

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So this is how you plan to get your rocks off?

I like it.
Darn tootin mister! It's nice to be able to work on something consistently rather than having to put it back together at the end so I can drive it...

Its cool you wont be in my class so i wont hate you lol
:lol: I need to find a nice bender for the cage work though... And a tank of Argon

So, have you tried getting the lady friend in the garage to help you out? Perhaps you could try and get here interested in something you're doing.

Then go and be interested in something she's doign sometime, good bonding time!
She was out there laughing at it today, but I am getting some "a tribute to Frank Sinatra" tickets and a few other things to spend time with her... Dates n stuff...

1 - 20 of 111 Posts