Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... anyone drive their RS's on the beach? how does it fare?

and anyone know of dedicated (but under $80 each) off-road tires that fit the RS's stock rims?...

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
You probably won't find a good sand & snow tire. They need different designs to work well. Wide is better for sand where skinny is better for snow.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I drove a R/C car on the beach once.

The next day everything metal had rusted. I would not do it to my real car. :eek:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...but keep in mind that cars have neat things like undercoatings and galvanized panels :)~

My first 'car' was a suzuki samurai, so I'm still hooked on driving on the beach... then again, the only subaru I saw back then were a few legacys and one rs.

back to tires, I'd probably be looking for something w/ the stock width, possibly a step up in sidewall size; I'll search the net in a few for cheap rally tires, see what's out there.

Do they make bfg t/a's in 205/55/16? hehe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, about the beach:

My boys were trying to get a phatty picture on the beach in Maryland last summer. The first car we put on the beach went plunk...right down into the beach. Had one hell of a time getting it out, but we got the picture, I will post it at a later date if I can find it. Good luck finding sand tires, I think either way you will sink to the bottom unless the sand is really hard.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...damn, guess I'll think twice about the beach plans :)

I'd love to see that pic if possible haha...

...and does anyone know where I can find that video clip of a wrx racing a dune buggy up a dune? I saw it a while back in the posts (possibly on another board), but the link wasn't functioning anymore.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
my b/f got my RS stuck on the beach once :D
on dunlop sp5000's too...

got towed out by a jeep :D

i was diggin sand out of areas i never even knew existed on the car for weeks!

heheheee.... um.. yeah... it was funny... but not... ;)

Jamie www.subiegalracing.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts