Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
09 Legacy spec.B + 01 2.5RS
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh, well it finally happened. My poor 2003 RS got it's first parking lot battle scar sometime in the last week or so. Figures, I cleaned it Friday, flew out of town on Sunday, and somewhere between that time it got a nice ~12inch scratch on the driver's door. So anyhow, the question!

Has anyone done touch-ups on a midnight black pearl? And if so, how did it come out? Was curious because the paint jobs on Subaru's don't seem like they'd take to well to touch-up jobs (aside from the Aspen Whites). Alas, what must be done must be done.. Any advice on making it nice and clean with the pearl paintjobs would be appreciated!

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
from what i have experienced, touch-up paint doesn't work that well on long scars. you should have full coverage on your insurance right? if you do, just get the insurance to pay for a new paint job.

·
Registered
283 Posts
ahh the joys of having a Brighton...where each scratch is a loving memory

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Caddy-

Right here with ya. This winter I threw "The Mighty B" in a ditch and dented the front left; got rear ended, and dented the rear right; "cased it" on packed (plowed) snow, which resulted it two giant scratches where I accidently hit it with the shovel digging her out.

Battle wounds? Nah, character marks. Repaint? Never.

This car was built to take some scars.

·
Registered
09 Legacy spec.B + 01 2.5RS
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, unfortunately here the snow == harsh salt and other chemicals which like to eat metal. Scratch means no more protection from these ugly chemicals, so an unpainted scratch equates to the rusty death of a beautiful Subaru

·
I need money
1998 sub 2.5rs WRB
1,046 Posts
Streetman said:
Caddy-

Right here with ya. This winter I threw "The Mighty B" in a ditch and dented the front left; got rear ended, and dented the rear right; "cased it" on packed (plowed) snow, which resulted it two giant scratches where I accidently hit it with the shovel digging her out.

Battle wounds? Nah, character marks. Repaint? Never.

This car was built to take some scars.
It's fools like this that don't need to own a subaru. they like to beat on nice cars.Mudding os fine but scratcthed and abused is just plain stupid.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
pimptight2.5 said:
It's fools like this that don't need to own a subaru. they like to beat on nice cars.Mudding os fine but scratcthed and abused is just plain stupid.
So, am I also one of those "fools" who doesn't need to own a Subaru? He never said he was abusing it, at least not any more than mudding it, and when you take a car off-road, scratches happen. My fender has been like that for 2 years, happened two months after I got the car (only had 2300 miles on it). It doesn't affect the drivability, no lights where broken, and I have better things to do with almost $800 than to fix a cosmetic problem on my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Talk about abuse to cars-
I just got back from rally cross today.

No- wasnt abuse, well, except for the fellow who rolled his civic, that was unfortunate...for him.
I do have to agree however that these cars can handle a little wear and tear. And if a scratch does happen to land on the Subi then so be it. Thats why I dont own a WRX. I guess its what your term of "daily driver" constitutes to you.
My previous vehicle is a Cadillac. I had to babysit her 24/7, always park her on the far part of the parking lot, etc. The Subi, she can take a little more...everyday life.
As a matter of fact i think i put a small scratch in the rim today from the RallyX. And you know what? looks good there, its a Subaru.

-C.D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts