Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2000, Subaru Impreza RS, WRB
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
good work! Tried to skim through so sorry if I missed it, but what brand and size widebody is this?
This is the 60mm 22B kit from ABW. But honestly it isn't the best out there, there were lots of imperfections :/
Here are some notable defects:
  • Side skirts are too short by a 1/2 inch
  • front fenders are way too tall and stick out much higher than the hood, and they're also too short...
  • On the front bumper the bar above the grille is sagging
The rest of the kit was OK but those points were pretty disappointing considering the price of the kit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I'm having fun too. My body guy is making me go elsewhere half way in the project for some unfortunate reasons
Body work ugh. A friend of mine is getting the same 22B kit installed on his GC8, originally he was quoted 6K in labor, now seeing the poor quality of the kit they just quoted him twice the original amount... :eek: At this point I'm just glad I'm doing it myself

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Got the roof skin out last week, I'm getting rid of the sunroof and replacing it with the roof panel off of my other 94' GC8 (white) which doesn't have a massive hole in it.

I wish I could go carbon fiber at this point, but those are crazy expensive 😱 I'm seriously considering making my own CF roof skin

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Haven't updated this thread in a while, but good things have been happening lately!
I took delivery of my new engine along with tons of other cool parts. The video of the unboxing is available here: Unboxing video

I've started cleaning the shell to prepare for stitch welding and the roll cage installation. The sound deadening stuff they put on every goddamn panel is a real pain to get off 🤬
Anyways, the shell now looks a lot cleaner:

Next, I started fiddling with the cage. Still need to figure out the final height of the main hoop, but the first tubes are kinda fitted:

Main focus now is getting the cage fitted and tacked into place ✌

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I've been working on the rear wheel arches lately, what a headache... :censored: The 4dr versions are just a non-stop PITA because of the rear doors.

Since the 22B wheel arches are higher than a standard GC8, the tires were basically resting against the arches at a normal ride height:

So I started hacking away at the inner wheel arches and quickly realized that the door jam was getting in the way as well... Had to cut that away too 😐

Now the wheel had enough space to come all the way up until the suspension bottoms out (y) But I still had to rebuild the arch and modify the door so that it would still function as originally intended. I basically needed to shift the door jam up away from the wheels by 1 inch. Once that was done I just welded the new arch in place and cleaned up the door jam:

Now the door obviously wouldn't close any more... so that needed to be cut away and modified too:

And there is the finished product with the suspension fully bottomed out:
Notice how high the lateral links are :p

Next step is to get the rear quarter panels to fit over those massive (y)

If you anyone wants more infos on how to do this (and everything else on this build) check out my Youtube channel, there is a video on every step of the build!
Link to the videos here: Swiss Tuned
✌✌✌

Attachments

41 - 60 of 61 Posts