Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

Registered
2000, Subaru Impreza RS, WRB
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
S201 it is! Got them ordered today :D

As far as the build goes, here are some quick updates:
Got the tank and rear subframe in the other day

And shortly after, the front subframe and engine too!

Getting really close to a first start! Right now i'm just finishing up a few miscellaneous things and making sure that i'm not forgetting anything vital (wouldn't be the first time... 馃槄)
Next problem on the list will be the suspension. I kinda have something in mind though, this might give it away: Suspension/Stiffening BC Racing ER series coilover comprehensive review! - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Words can't explain how excited I am to hear this thing braaap for the first time, let alone drive it!

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I need help deciding which wing would look best. What do you guys prefer, the P2000 wing or the 22B adjustable?

P2000:

22B adjustable:

Right now I'm leaning more towards the 22B, it just looks more beefy to me. But the P2000 is like the pinnacle of all WRC wings... so idk :drool:

Registered
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Haven't been updating lately, I've been stuck with final exams and life...

But check out the cool parts that just came in the mail :D
I couldn't make up my mind between the S201 mirrors and WRC mirrors... so I got both. Seeing them on the car will tell which ones I'll be keeping.

Also, since Subarus are rally cars, mine wouldn't be a proper Subaru without a hydraulic handbrake :p
Unfortunately I got sent the wrong lever, this one is for a RHD car and I clearly ordered a LHD lever 馃う So now I've gotta wait for another two month to finally get the right part.

Last major bit that came in were the coilovers. Man those things look sweet! I cant wait to try them on the car.

They are BC Racing ER series with adjustable camber plates in the front and in the rear (rear much needed to make up for the longer GD lateral links) and helper springs. The crazy thing is that I got those custom ordered from BC since I basically needed a Frankenstein combination of the GC and GD coilovers. Some people take GD coilovers and adapt the rear top mounts, but in doing that they actually put the GD spring rates on a GC, which it is not meant for... they end up with poor handling performance. BC's solution was to take the GC coilovers and swap out the lower mounts for the GD ones. That way I still have the same spring and damping rates as a normal GC suspension, while fitting the STI hubs!

Registered
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
This weekend was a big success. Got the car finally driving under its own power, and man does it feel good!
Everything is in the clear, no code, no weird sounds, it feels just like a stock STI but with half the weight :p

Couldn't help myself but do some donuts to celebrate :devilish:

Next big step is going to be the widebody kit. I'm working on getting it shipped within the coming week. There is still plenty of work on other things until then though (roof panel replacement, firewall patching, welding of misc stuff, finishing up the interior, wiring stuff, etc...)

Registered
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Some updates, I just installed the CAE ultra shifter and man I'm in love with it! I also took delivery of the 22B widebody kit along with a genuine aluminium hood.
This thing is wiiiiiide :eek: but the fitment seems really good upon first sight.

Registered
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Nice wing, you made the right choice!

The car's coming along great, can't wait for some videos!
:projectsti.com:
Thanks mate!

where did you get the wing?
Got it from Delta Styling, but I would definitely NOT recommend it, it is way too expensive for the quality... In my next video I go over it in details and show exactly what I don't like about it.
My advice is that if you can find another 22B wing at a similar price you should go for that, it will save you some trouble.
Hope that helps

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks guys!
I wish I had more progress to show but for now I just have the first quarter panel finally fitted and holding with clecos. The body will definitely need some more trimming before actually gluing the new panel on there.
Next will be the rear door...

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
Finally got both rear fenders and door panels cleco'ed on the car.
Next will be the front fenders, bumpers, and in the end the side skirts :naughty: those might need quite a bit of work to fit properly under the rear doors... space is already tight and every body panel adds a bit of thickness to it.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts