Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Brilliant Red Hybrid
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not exactly sure whats going on, ever since i drained my battery from keeping the radio on, I have had trouble with starting the car. But once i jump the car stays on normally, but once i cut it off and try starting it again, it would click and not start. I changed my battery a couple times already and still the same problem. Some opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

· Registered
2018 STi
158 Posts
I'm not exactly sure whats going on, ever since i drained my battery from keeping the radio on, I have had trouble with starting the car. But once i jump the car stays on normally, but once i cut it off and try starting it again, it would click and not start. I changed my battery a couple times already and still the same problem. Some opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jason
sounds like alternator is gone, the car will start when u have someone else's battery jumps it and the alternator has no work to do. but then when u start the car on your own the alternator say's i hate you and wont turn over or charge the battery when the car is running, bring it to your local autozone or w/e and they can check it i believe.

· Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza L Coupe
404 Posts
Your battery shit the bed.

I'm 90% certain it's the battery. Same thing happened to me. Charger says it's working, but the battery doesn't hold the charge. As soon as you unplug the charger, it's flat again.

Now if the battery does hold a charge and you can start/drive it a few times, it could possibly be the alternator.

· Registered
Brilliant Red Hybrid
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i see, well, if it is the alternator, wouldnt the car stop running when the battery charge is all used up? From my understanding if the alternator isnt operating properly, then the car is drawing power directly from the battery and if the battery dosnt get charged by the alternator and runs out of power, it prevents the car from being on. Or do i have the wrong idea?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.