Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how long has your battery lasted... I have an MY99 with 45,000 and my battery pooped on my yesterday. I feel like it shoulda lasted me a little longer... so how long has yours lasted? (if you had to replace it at all?)

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
STock battery lasted ~80k, my replacement lasted ~3 days (damn autozone cheap batteries), its replacement is still going strong :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy - what battery do you have in your car now?

Rider - wow.. that seems really short... i couldn't imagine your turbo having to do anything with it...

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
my99 has 26k and the batterys been actin funny :( I don't think theres much time left in it...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gah... i had to buy another battery from autozone too.. i'm hoping that it will last also!!! It didn't feel right to "recharge" the battery and wait for it to die again... :barf:

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
-my stock lasted 27 months (28,000 miles).
-2 day pre-warning something was going wrong before death:curse:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Albert,
Did you go to the last meet-and-drive to Julian? I live in Mira Mesa too :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
12,000mi on the orignal although its only because I left it sit for three years. Now its got an Optima battery in it.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
Soob said:
Hey Albert,
Did you go to the last meet-and-drive to Julian? I live in Mira Mesa too :)
Sorry I didn't, I've yet to make it to one of our In-N-Out get together.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It took a tad longer to start up than usual... then the next day it went poop. :curse:

·
Registered
2003 Legacy L
82 Posts
Soob said:

Rider - wow.. that seems really short... i couldn't imagine your turbo having to do anything with it...
I'm sure the turbo has nothing to do with it. My car has had a lot of down time recently, and I've had to jump it a few times to start the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 01 has 32K on it and I was informed that the battery is dying... :curse: My wife's forester's battery lasted like 3 years...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts