· Registered
99 BDP RS
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,867 ·
This car is getting some love soon.. items bought:

LHD dash pocket
Cusco front strut bar
Cusco front power brace
Subaru barometer pack (I wanted the lamco gauges but not about to spend $300+ for incomplete unit)
Prova blue mirrors (I’ve had these for years but finally going to put them on)
I also have a second set of headlights to possibly do another retrofit.

· Registered
99 BDP RS
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,871 ·
nice, can't wait to see the mods being installed.

let us know how the LHD dash pocket get's installed. I got one recently too with no bracket.
The dash was already out and I had the brackets, so it was pretty straightforward. I’ll upload a photo eventually

· Registered
99 BDP RS
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,878 ·
Welllll.... How do I start this.

Last year I had a Subaru tech friend on mine tell me he thinks my head gaskets are leaking. Instead of paying oodles for a shop to do it, my dear friends out east, Joe and Jon, offer to fix it for me. They drive out with another friend, Tyler, to come get the car. I jokingly say "fuck it, just swap it" and it literally snowballed after that...

Without going into a very long-winded story.. Jon found a basically new EJ205 from an 04 or 05 WRX with roughly 30k on it. The previous owner bought brand new from Subaru and after awhile upgraded to a 207. The motor came with a KillerB pick up, as far as I know. Other items to note with the swap: VF43, STi top mount, STi pink injectors, TGV deletes, Grimmspeed catted downpipe, TurboXS mid so I can keep my Prodrive axleback, we got some STi lateral links and control arms, GD steering column swap, Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump, blah blah blah. Sadly I couldn't swing a 6 speed at the same time, although I'm sure Joe would have hated me for the extra work (that guy takes on way too much as it is). Joe did the wire merge and all the work of installation. Jon helped me immensely with tracking down all the parts needed and overall just a champ with his help.

I literally could not have had this happen without those two. If you know them, give them props lol.

1861 - 1880 of 1928 Posts