Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1801 - 1820 of 1837 Posts

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,804 ·
Checking in... The RS has been hibernating for the most part. But I did pick up some wheels.. I need to find another single because one was repaired and I'm iffy on the durability of it. Prodrive GC010e 17x7.5 + 48 I believe.

And the Forester finally got lifted and tires... but I fried the clutch. Replacement is here and will be installed next weekend.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,806 ·
Yeah! I almost wanted to get them the proper British Black... but the powdered bronze looks really good.

·
Registered
97 WRX STi Type-R
186 Posts
And the Forester finally got lifted and tires... but I fried the clutch. Replacement is here and will be installed next weekend.
I was looking for photo like this for like half an hour about a week ago )))
Got a set of beefy winter tires for my SG5 and mounted them on the same 5-spokes I had laying around from my GC8 ))) It will look really close when I put them on, except for being XT and silver )

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,151 Posts
You been after those GC010e for a long time, if I'm not mistaken. Nice pick. Loving the foz!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,811 ·
I was looking for photo like this for like half an hour about a week ago )))
Got a set of beefy winter tires for my SG5 and mounted them on the same 5-spokes I had laying around from my GC8 ))) It will look really close when I put them on, except for being XT and silver )
I should've posted on subaruforester a bit earlier lol, sorry! I have an XT hood waiting on paint, so they'll look quite similar haha.
You been after those GC010e for a long time, if I'm not mistaken. Nice pick. Loving the foz!
For so long.. I always saw them but never had the green to buy them.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,813 ·

Recently took the RS to a friend's Subaru dealer to have it aligned and the bi-yearly oil change 😅. He let's me know the headgaskets are seeping... 🤬 Keep in mind.. I replaced the motor with a rebuilt long block in the last year. I immediately contacted that company (enginesus.com) and to my surprise.. they said they would help cover the cost of the labor to replace them. But first they want photos of the seep to verify that is in fact what's happening. What a fuckin' joke, lol. I've barely driven that motor 10k miles and it's already being a brat. Oh well.. I'll get some photos next week after my trip out to Texas.

Other than that, it drives amazing and no drips, overheating, issues etc. Same ol' boring, slow NA 2.5.

I am entertaining the idea of getting the LHD dash pocket.. cause F airbags, amirite?

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,914 Posts
Just pull the charge out and flock the dash, fuck airbags and glare

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,815 ·
I’m not a fan of flocked dashes though haha

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,816 ·
Hi...

Still have this turd. The motor is seeping after only 10k ish miles lol. I'm guessing the crash did something.. but oh well. It also has a really fun upper and lower rad hose leak (maybe fixing today if I'm motivated). It otherwise sits in the garage now like the Prodrive paperweight it was meant to be.. I also had it tinted, which I'm on the fence about. I LOVE the fishbowl.. but the AC went out for the third time and needed some heat mitigation.

Plans are possibly in the works to fix the motor. We shall see.

Mild photo dump:

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,151 Posts
Glad to see an update. Car is still looking good. Damn leaking subys. Dig the tent.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,820 ·
1801 - 1820 of 1837 Posts