Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1781 - 1800 of 1837 Posts

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,781 ·
Dang, it 'll suck not seeing your car in the bay area anymore.

Great pictures and congrats on the move! Glad to see the car getting driven again.

-TC
There are aspects of CA that I'll miss (the ramen.. mmmm) but so far CO has outclassed CA in every way.

Also.. I got my CO title and guess who isn't salvage title anymore haha. Oh, and a new daily:

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,783 ·
Had to unload the 4runner back to the previous owner due to titling issues. Thankfully he was legit and gave me my money back.

Now I have a single owner 2005 Forester XS. Already swapped in XT black seats and carpet and have some body color door handles to put on. It won’t get a whole lot since it’s supposed to be the daily/winter beater. An XT hood and spoiler would be nice though. 😂 It needs some maintenance items (end links are noisy as hell), a new windshield, and will likely get the wheels repainted. The PO spray painted them flat black and it just looks bad. I already love this thing more than the 4runner.

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
439 Posts
Sucks about the 4Runner, glad you didn't get scammed though.

White Foresters are the best, but I might be a little biased..

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,785 ·
Sucks about the 4Runner, glad you didn't get scammed though.

White Foresters are the best, but I might be a little biased..
😂😂 yeah, you and a couple other friends.

I’m not too bummed on the 4runner. I at least know now that I don’t want a 3rd gen (I initially wanted a 4th gen and settled for the 3rd). Plus it has 290k on it and was a bit rough. But the Forester is super fun and should last me awhile with only 165k.

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
439 Posts
What didn't you like about the 3rd gen? My first car was a 2nd gen, but it was so damn slow with the 3.0 and being an automatic. I had a couple 1st gen Tacomas after that, and would love to get another one.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,790 ·
Aww I'm about to sell my FXT with 81K on it. Just missed you
I picked this one up for $2400.. I doubt you’d sell an XT for that 😂
What didn't you like about the 3rd gen? My first car was a 2nd gen, but it was so damn slow with the 3.0 and being an automatic. I had a couple 1st gen Tacomas after that, and would love to get another one.
It felt way more dated inside than my ‘99 RS and felt suuuuper slow. The automatic trans was meh too. It was a great truck, but it didn’t feel like home, I guess? I enjoyed driving a 4th gen more, although it was a V8, so no surprise there haha.
Bast, badasd pair of subys you got there. Nice pick!
Thanks!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,791 ·
RS gets driven.. sometimes

And the Forester got some goldies

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,795 ·
Howdy.. checking in to this ghost town because I miss it. Sadly it appears this dumpster fire is still churning.

I almost sold the RS but backed out last minute. Still need to install the blue Prova mirrors and fix some minor things. Motivation is lacking.

Forester has a King lift spring incoming but it’s taking foreverrrrr. I already have the tires, struts and top hats waiting. 😩

That’s about it. See ya next year.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,151 Posts
Just trade for my wag, sell forester, lift wag, bast of both worlds.

Bawk bawk
Hi bue

1781 - 1800 of 1837 Posts