Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 180 of 1728 Posts

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Took advantage of a class being cancelled and installed my JDM red hazard button, WRX intermittent wiper, and 2 out of 4 of the STi pedals. I didn't have the right bolt length to get the gas pedal on and I need to find the best way to get the dead pedal on.

Side note: Maaco ate all of my gum except for one piece.. :facepalm:

Attachments

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
Finally gave this thing a wash since the paintjob. Overall, it's really not that bad. There are two spots on the trunk that are dumb. Behold:

I don't know how, as a painter, you step back and be like, "Eh, looks good to me," That said, I don't feel like taking it back and risking it looking worse. I also have things that need to be done to the car that are more dire than paint drips. Such as the steering rack hopefully getting replaced this weekend.

Here's the rest of my terrible CA sunny day iPhone photos

I was going to put the side moldings back on, but I forgot the grommets at home and didn't want to halfass it. The roof moldings not being there are really annoying as well, but some of the clips broke when removing it :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,316 Posts
I love this Prez, so fresh looking. Makes me want black paint, but then I've had one black car and two black trucks already and having black paint in a place that's more often dirty than clean for a clean freak like me isn't fun. Have you ever done that rear sway bar?

Like your Sig too.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #164 (Edited)
Thanks! I appreciate the comments. I've had more black cars than I'd like haha. Sometimes I think I would have preferred white or Sedona. But, when black is clean, it looks gooooood.
The rear sway bar was put on right before I moved back to CA. It's a great addition, although I should really update the endlinks.

Not doing the steering rack this weekend. I wanted to order some more upgrades since we'll be taking out stuff up front anyway. Not sure what the best thing to do first. Got the steering rack bushings on the list.. Maybe the whiteline ball joint and outer tie rod bump steer correction?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Thanks! She's been treating me pretty well so far, so it's nice to return the favor haha.

CA has been really nice! Almost always sunny and plenty of great roads to drive. How's the PNW? We miss it like crazy, especially the food! :)

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
I left PNW because I get no sun, just overcast from Oct to Mar, damn depressing just wet and cold. Spring and summer is great but I might have hung myself if I didn't move to CA sunshine state. Portland is a great city, I came back for a visit last July 4th and really enjoyed it. Don't miss Voodoo donuts near China town?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Haha, I moved to Portland from Santa Cruz to GET the rain. The overcast and rain really didn't bother me. But, you can definitely tell people are way happier when the sun comes out haha.

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Car looks amazeballs... The drips are Sh itty but you can fix it some other time. Looks much better than mine ;) The hazard switch is subtle and cool, yet I can never bring myself to pull the trigger on one.

Evaded

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Car looks amazeballs... The drips are Sh itty but you can fix it some other time. Looks much better than mine ;) The hazard switch is subtle and cool, yet I can never bring myself to pull the trigger on one.

Evaded
Thank you! I may have them take a look at the drips and fix them depending on how long it would take. It's not exactly a priority haha.

I really like the JDM hazard even though it's essentially a useless 'mod'.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Don't want or hope ever need to push that damn hazard button is reason why I don't care for it. I don't want a woman just to look at, want one that can talk to me. Same as mod for me, it must have some feedback response when I drive her.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Don't want or hope ever need to push that damn hazard button is reason why I don't care for it. I don't want a woman just to look at, want one that can talk to me. Same as mod for me, it must have some feedback response when I drive her.
Haha, I can understand that.

Your thread made me get some sti pedal covers lol.
They'll look great in your car! :)

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
I just made these endlinks for my GC with a little personal touch, next few weeks will make dead pedal. Wonder what should I engraved them? WRS since I have WRX engine in my GC.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
I like those!
Are you going to do the larger size like the fastWRX dead pedal, or smaller like JDM STi?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
I like the larger size. It covers more surface area and gives it a cleaner look. My STi dead pedal is smaller than I thought it would be haha.

161 - 180 of 1728 Posts