Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1741 - 1755 of 1755 Posts

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,741
That's totally fixable. Maybe you can stash some of that for a turbo swap.

I have a W650 and AVX7000. The Alpine has time adjustment but meh buttons. The Sony looks much cleaner and has a better UI but no time adjustments.

-TC
I'm not quite sure what the cost will be for all the repairs.. but I doubt I'll have much left over for any fun upgrades. Even if I did, I'd put it towards my debts haha.

·
Registered
'00 RS / V5 STI
584 Posts
That's the smart decision - paying down debts first.

With the Oakland port the bay area sees a decent amount of JDM V1-5 imports, front ends can be found if USDMs are completely gone at local pick-n-pulls. Take lots of measurements, weld it up, transfer over parts, and you're good. Take it to a frame shop for peace of mind. Discounting labor, you can find front ends for ~$100-500 - sedan, wagon, and coupe should be interchangeable.

Just make friends with someone who owns a cutoff wheel and a welder!

-TC

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,745

Popped by the shop and saw her sitting there all pretty.

Haven't seen the bill yet but my contact wasn't in yet. I wasn't expecting them to repaint the splitter and covers. They shaved down the GT Spec bracing and fixed the dent in my driver side fender. Looks so nice again.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,747
The 6 year old Maaco paint has held up fairly well, but the fresh front end is amazing!

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
582 Posts
Car looks great, glad to see it fixed. One of few remaining reasons to come here anymore. Thanks for keeping it going!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,750
Had my tech take a look at the timing and motor overall. He gave it the green light so I drove it home. No issues popped up so that's rad!

I'll likely be driving it down to San Diego for a wedding April 17-21 so if anyone is around and wants to meet up, let's do it! I'll have my dog with me too haha.

1741 - 1755 of 1755 Posts