Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1701 - 1717 of 1717 Posts

·
Registered
00rs and 97 GF8 L wagon
799 Posts
I finally got my car back. It just took a mellow 16 weeks to replace a N/A motor haha.

Runs much better than the previous they sent me. Although I am having some issue with the temp gauge. It keeps jumping around from 1/2 to 3/4, however not all the time. I notice it more during traffic or long red lights. The fans don't usually kick on either.
This happened to me before. In my case the fan connector wasn't completely plugged in. I hope it's something simple. I don't want you get rid of the Subaru.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,707
Lord, this site is so fucking ugly and difficult to navigate. I want to come here and post about my car and read about others' but man, it's so frustrating using this place now that I just can't bring myself to post as much.

But anyway, I fixed the temp gauge issue. The original sensor I bought was pretty cheap so I replaced it and it's golden now. I'm nearly at 1,000 miles on the motor which means another oil change, which I may do it tomorrow or wait til Monday. The car drives really well, despite all the rattles that I forgot I had.

I'm planning on getting new clips for the center console radio trim (which squeaks) and some new rear doorcard clips. The cards I traded with Naomi all those years ago aren't really in the greatest condition. They don't sit flush so you can always see the cardboard back through the window. I bloody hate it, so it's time to fix it. I do need to find some of the brackets that are on the backside as well, because I'm pretty sure mine are missing a few.

I wanted to replace my roof moldings too, but the cost of shipping is so ridiculous that I decided to ignore it for a bit. Plus, I think when I had my windshield replaced, they glued in the moldings with the clips so that's something I don't wanna bother with until I need a new windshield (which may be in a few years since I have a nice chip just waiting for a rock to hit it again).

I need some tips on cleaning JDM seats. My Prodrives are starting to show how much they've been used; the bottom bolsters are turning brown. :(

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,877 Posts
The side moldings should be easy to remove with the glass in place. They slide forward or backward (I don't remember which) and should pop right off, should... Dirt and excessive glass sealant will make it more difficult. The top molding has to be placed when the sealant is soft and putting it in or taking it out after it has cured will be extremely frustrating and you should never attempt. As for the seats, if you can take the covers off they are much easier to clean. I used armorall interior cleaner and it worked fantastically, just soaked the pieces and rinsed with cold water

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,711
The side moldings should be easy to remove with the glass in place. They slide forward or backward (I don't remember which) and should pop right off, should... Dirt and excessive glass sealant will make it more difficult. The top molding has to be placed when the sealant is soft and putting it in or taking it out after it has cured will be extremely frustrating and you should never attempt. As for the seats, if you can take the covers off they are much easier to clean. I used armorall interior cleaner and it worked fantastically, just soaked the pieces and rinsed with cold water
Oof.. I won't bother with the moldings then. I know the front and rear ones are showing their age rather not well, but I don't want to deal with the headache of sealant. I'll look back into it whenever I replace the front windshield/buy the rear glass with wiper.

I may try out that interior cleaner option come summer, thanks!

---

For my own benefit cause I don't have my spreadsheet here at work..

Rebuilt motor swapped in (again, after warranty) at about 203,500 miles.
First oil change at 204,000; second oil change at 204,500 with conventional 10w30.
Next oil change at 207,500ish with synthetic 5w30.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,715
Considering the top contributor for the month is 34 posts, and, that's only because they are pushing stuff for sale, should tell you all you need to know about this place now.
It’s a very sad state.
Hello. It's me, Chincy. Had no idea anyone was even active on this forum haha.
At this point it’s just an ingrained habit to update the journal. I wish I had somewhere else to take it haha

1701 - 1717 of 1717 Posts