Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1681 - 1696 of 1696 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,733 Posts
Finally heard back from the motor company.. They want me to send back their motor so they can disassemble it, determine "if" anything went wrong, fix it and send it back to me.. So, another month of no car, I would imagine. They haven't updated me on my core charge, they barely write cohesive emails back without answering numerous questions and really, they just kinda suck. I keep getting emails asking me to review them and I'm at a point where I should just give them the negative review I feel they deserve at this point.

This was supposed to be a relatively easy process and it's been an absolute nightmare. I'm wondering if it's even worth sending it back or just have another shop look at it instead. Or send it back and demand a refund. I'm so fed up with it.
This upsets me. Especially after I vouched for the company. I say we all gang up on them.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
You don't need to actually start by issuing a chargeback, because that can go either way. You just need to tell the company that's what you're willing to do unless the situation is resolved. ;)

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,685
This upsets me. Especially after I vouched for the company. I say we all gang up on them.
I've got their shipping address.. in Phoenix, AZ :lol:

Motor will be ripped back out this coming Monday and sent back Tuesday. Another tech is out next week so the car can hang out in his bay while he's gone. Good thing too, because my GM was about ready to tow my car since it's been sitting in the service lot for so long.

I had my loaner taken back so I'm in a horrible Nissan Versa rental for a bit. Do all Nissan's smell like kitty litter? Or is it just this unfortunate car.. Either way, it's a total piece of shit.
I hate it. My dog hates it. It probably hates itself.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,688
I always have to humor myself when I think something will happen in a timely manner and then other people/life plays out incredibly different. :lol:

The motor was actually taken out yesterday (two weeks behind schedule) and picked up the same day. It should arrive at the engine company by Friday, or Monday at the latest. I HOPE they tear into it next week to have it sent back out end of next week/beginning of the last week of October.

I'm at almost 7 weeks without my car.

I checked on it last week and saw that someone damaged my tire/wheel. Not entirely sure how it happened, it hasn't been driven. I'm guessing a vendor smacked into it, or maybe the forklift. I'll probably never find out since we don't have cameras back there (horrible decision). I have a spare Prodrive wheel that I may have our wheel guy paint to replace this one. I'll fix this eventually.. but probably keep as a spare in the trunk for awhile.

Thankfully no body damage.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,693
jeez dude -_- sorry to read these updates. I hope the motor company does right by you.
Just bad news bears all over this journal lately :lol: I hope whatever they send back works properly. Otherwise I'm going to have more gray hairs grow in.

This is why people get shot lol

Ugh
Yeah, more or less. :curse:

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,694
God, this website is ugly as sin now... Remember when you could find someone's journal by looking at the attached photo next to it? The good ol' days...

Anyway, heard back from EnginesUS and they have my motor apart. They claim they couldn't find anything that would be related to the noise I reported hearing but they're "measuring everything". They oddly mentioned they cleaned the machine that bores out the motor, or whatever. They also didn't explicitly blame the installation, so I'm lead to believe they know they fucked up somewhere but won't admit fault. Regardless, they said it'll be shipped back out Thursday or Friday.

Fingers majorly crossed I get my car back next week.. but I'll more likely expect it the following week. Or y'know.. 3 weeks cause my tech is slow.

I keep checking on my car since it's parked in the back lot and we get a lot of traffic from vendors, service and loaners. Haven't noticed any additional damages (yet?). It's filthy though and I feel awful about its current state. Not much I can do about it right now.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,695
Motor wasn't shipped out last week. I got a call Friday evening that they still had my motor apart and they swapped out the block to a different one.. Apparently one cylinder had more clearance than the other 3 so they replaced it "for the longevity of the motor," He claims the difference isn't what made the noise I heard and then proceeded to blame the timing belt, tensioner, and installation. I very quickly shot that down. I know the car well enough to have looked at the tensioner first and that wasn't the issue.

He claims it'll be put back together today and shipped out. I've lost all faith in his ability to follow through on his word though.

1681 - 1696 of 1696 Posts