Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 1728 Posts

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Haha, fair enough! I've got mine sitting in a closet; hope it doesn't stay there long!

I've only seen a couple other RS' in the area. What does yours look like? I'll keep an eye out! :)

·
Registered
99 RS
64 Posts
Haha, fair enough! I've got mine sitting in a closet; hope it doesn't stay there long!

I've only seen a couple other RS' in the area. What does yours look like? I'll keep an eye out! :)
Yeah, I've owned my RS since 1999 and I rarely see RS' around the area. I do see a few but not a whole lot.

My V5 spoiler (along with a box of parts that needs to be installed) has been sitting in the garage forever. I just can't seem to find a brake light the fits and plus I'm too cheap to get it professional painted...one of these days I'll get it installed.

Honestly, I really don't drive my car that much and usually when I do it's not very far (from SSF).

I drive a white 99 RS. It has a light tint, V6 front lip (unpainted), V6 grill with a pink "I" emblem, yellow fogs overlays, clear lights (turn signals, sidemarkers, and corners), and JDM tails. I also have gold V7 wheels but I just took them off and rolling on my stock 5 spoke wheels.

BTW, my name is Jeff.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
A white one, very nice! With v7 wheels to boot.. I love those rims!

You wouldn't happen to have been driving the car around Dore Street (around 9th and 10th) before New Years... if so, I saw you outside a friend's apartment haha. White with gold rims; can't remember anything else.

·
Registered
99 RS
64 Posts
A white one, very nice! With v7 wheels to boot.. I love those rims!

You wouldn't happen to have been driving the car around Dore Street (around 9th and 10th) before New Years... if so, I saw you outside a friend's apartment haha. White with gold rims; can't remember anything else.
Nope, I was sick in bed on NYE.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Tax return received! Time to start shopping parts.. :burnout:

Also, I stopped by a body shop after class today for an estimate on rust repair and paint.. he ballparked $13,000 after a quick look, haha.. I'm assuming he meant for a full paint job and repair (replacing the whole quarter panel, etc), but I didn't stick around for an official estimate.

I wish I had the knowledge and means to tackle it myself.

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
LOL! I accept your challenge; here we are in San Francisco:

But really, the wing was a crazy deal. I saw it listed and had to PM the guy to make sure his listing was correct. Turns out he recently purchased a RS coupe and wasn't feelin' the wing. Gladly drove an hour to pick it up!

OK... Your cute. Your boyfriends not too bad either! Ha! JK......:rotflmao:

Cant wait to see it on the car.

Evaded

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Yeah, he's not bad at all. ;)

I got a price shock for sure from that.. haha. I'll check out a few more shops for sure. I MUST have this wing on the car soon.. I mean, as much as I love opening the closet and seeing a spoiler in there; I'd rather it be on the car!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Updated the 2nd post with the parts that were replaced by the dealer -- just in case I lose any paperwork.

--

I checked my oil before leaving for work this morning and thank the heavens I did. There was but a drop on the dipstick. I'm not sure how it got so low so quickly. Last I checked (okay, maybe a couple weeks ago) it was at a good level. There are no visible leaks anywhere.

Since I had to remedy the problem before driving the 40 minutes to work, I took it to the dealer down the street. Fingers crossed I dodged a bullet! Feels tip-top to and from work.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)
Today was my day to be a shitty driver. Cut too hard in the parking garage and the pole gave my car a nice long smooch. :unamused:

Good thing I already ordered replacement side moldings (should be here tomorrow) and the car hasn't been painted yet.

*side note, you can see the "repaired" rust spot rearing its ugly face on the quarter panel.

·
Registered
gm2 coupe / gf4/ cb7 saloon
1,838 Posts
deff feelin this ride.. also the fact that u have similar tastes in mods to mine. scope my build out and tell me what ya think ^__^ ur car is super duper clean! hope your day is better tomo!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #135 (Edited)
The car was dropped off for repairs and paint yesterday. I decided to go with Maaco for a few reasons. One being cost and the second; this car will never be a show car and is 14+ years old. I can't justify saving up $3,000 - $5,000, or more, to take it somewhere more reputable/quality. That said, I did choose the Maaco with the 'best' reviews in the area. If there's anything I'm unhappy with, I'll take it back. It'll still look better than when I brought it in. Nevertheless, I'm still very nervous about it.. :noes:

But, we took off all the lights, grille, scoop, vents, moldings (with new ones to put on), window trim, bumpers, sideskirts and whatever else we could in the parking lot. This was in hopes to make sure the parts were painted properly and not just taped off.

She should be ready by Friday or Saturday.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza OBS
193 Posts
Yup, same route I went down, I pulled a few parts off mine thinking the same exact thing. Picking mine up 3 o'clock today actually. One whole week without a car, but I had a big ass dent that needed to be repaired too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Yup, same route I went down, I pulled a few parts off mine thinking the same exact thing. Picking mine up 3 o'clock today actually. One whole week without a car, but I had a big ass dent that needed to be repaired too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Nice! Can't wait to see what color you chose. :)

I have some rust and minor dings. Well, and the nice scrape from rubbing against a parking pole. :_sure:

I thankfully have a loaner car from my mom. Although, it's quite the gas guzzler.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #138 (Edited)
These arrived today! Now I just need my car back..

Should be ready tomorrow but I won't be able to pick it up til Saturday. That is, assuming they didn't mess anything up.

·
Registered
1999 RSTi coupe
402 Posts
I really like that rear bumper. Hopefully I'll be out of El Paso by next year. Might be time to do a repaint for myself. Car is looking great!

·
Registered
1999 2.2L TS
12 Posts
Great journal, pretty fortunate with the timing of the scratch and the paint job eh?
Cant wait to see what it looks like after the paint, fingers crossed!!

121 - 140 of 1728 Posts