Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 1711 Posts

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Well, in the adventure of installing my JDM bumper, I grabbed a new tool set.

The bumper is on and ugly flat black. It was pre-cut to fit the USDM bumper beam from the guy I bought it from. Very thankful for that. All we had to do was ditch the foam. Other than that, we need to figure out the best way secure the license plate lights. Zip ties will be temporary.

But, the car got washed inside and out!

r

I didn't get around to the 22B vents or the intermittent wiper.. Maybe this evening.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
4,770 Posts
Not sure if you know how to solder, but if you do, then there's a technique called plastic-welding. It's essentially soldering plastics together. What I'm getting at is, you could cut the plate light mounts off your stock bumper and plastic-weld them onto the JDM bumper. Also, I think someone did a DIY or there's at least one thread on here talking about JDM bumpers fitting with everything on the USDM car.

Looks awesome though! :banana: I'm gonna go read through your journal!

EDIT: Read your journal. One hell of a journey, but what a great read! Subscribed. My steering rack was leaking in my old RS, and I just kept the fluid topped off all the time and I didn't run into any problems. Also, you gotta find you some JDM bumper signals to match those top clears. All in all, sexy coupe!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Thanks Teece!

I have no experience soldering, so I'm not too confident on doing so haha. So far the zipties are doing their job.

I was recommended not to use a remanufactured rack, but since it's not affecting drivability whatsoever. That said, I'll probably keep topping it off as well haha. The frosted signal lights are definitely needed! :)

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
there's a thread somewhere..were people are using a volvo plate mount. and i can't find it becuase i can't remember which kind of thread it was in. so...i'm no help. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I think I came across that thread as well.... somewhere... I'll find it later, haha. Thanks for the reminder though (that helped)! ;)

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Well, swapped out the black for red thanks to Andrew (mackeclipse)

I put on the replica 22B vents, however true to their nature, fitment is less than ideal. (Don't mind my blue grille. :unamused: ) Basically there are some large gaps and the bolts don't completely go through the tabs so I can't secure them. Put the original vents back in.

Needless to say, I'll probably put these up for sale. Or throw them away so no one else is disappointed either :lol:

In other news, I breached 130,000 miles. :banana:

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
Yeah, I was kinda surprised they were that bad. Guess I'll pony up to an OEM pair (eventually).

One of my classes was canceled today so I took advantage of my mom's driveway & garage. Used that hipsterdip to make my rims white; however I only did one side. I ran out of patience.. :loser:

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
Still need to paint that Version 6 grill lip black! Other than that, car is really coming together nice!
Haha, I know! I'll get around to it.. I'm going to start shopping around for body shops once I receive my tax refund. That'll solve my rust and the parts needing paint.

In other news, I scored a version 6 replica wing for $30 (+ $10 in bridge tolls).

It's in pretty good shape and has the brake light piece. :banana:

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Pics or she doesnt exist... and the BRZ is yours.. and Bast is your alter ego! :crazy:

Evaded
LOL! I accept your challenge; here we are in San Francisco:

But really, the wing was a crazy deal. I saw it listed and had to PM the guy to make sure his listing was correct. Turns out he recently purchased a RS coupe and wasn't feelin' the wing. Gladly drove an hour to pick it up!

·
Registered
99 RS
64 Posts
But really, the wing was a crazy deal. I saw it listed and had to PM the guy to make sure his listing was correct. Turns out he recently purchased a RS coupe and wasn't feelin' the wing. Gladly drove an hour to pick it up!
Oh so you bought the spoiler...I sent him a PM around 8:30pm (I think it was before you) asking him if he'll deliver. I wasn't sure that it was going to fit in my RS couple and plus I wanted to watch the Superbowl. He finally PM'd be back in the morning saying it was pending.

Oh well, I still have my V5 spoiler but it's missing a brake light.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Oh so you bought the spoiler...I sent him a PM around 8:30pm (I think it was before you) asking him if he'll deliver. I wasn't sure that it was going to fit in my RS couple and plus I wanted to watch the Superbowl. He finally PM'd be back in the morning saying it was pending.

Oh well, I still have my V5 spoiler but it's missing a brake light.
Yes, that was me. I'm not sure what time I PMed him Saturday, but I drove up to him around 11am Sunday. We actually fit the spoiler in the BRZ, haha.

·
Registered
99 RS
64 Posts
Yes, that was me. I'm not sure what time I PMed him Saturday, but I drove up to him around 11am Sunday. We actually fit the spoiler in the BRZ, haha.
TBH, it's probably better off that I didn't buy the spoiler. My V5 spoiler has been sitting in my parents' garage for a couple years and they would have been pissed if I bought another spoiler. lol.

I live by SFO in SSF and maybe I'll see you around. Enjoy the spoiler!

101 - 120 of 1711 Posts