1001 - 1020 of 1734 Posts

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,001
Dat weight reduction yo, and it sounds awesome when gravel sprays your car
My car never sees gravel :lol::lol:

As much as I would love to free up some weight, I like my "quiet" daily driving. Maybe I should lay down more sound deadening... :lol::drunk:

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,006

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,007 (Edited)
Interior parts arrived.. still waiting on the used glovebox. It should be here tomorrow.

It's too bad it's the goddamn surface of the sun outside (again); I hate it. :curse: Kinda negates wanting to do anything with the car.

Suck it, August.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,012
Absolutely more subtle haha. I'll keep my blue bits since Subaru likes the trend of discontinuing our parts.

When the buyer comes to pick up the trunk and wing, that should help recoup some funds! I think he said he'll be in Portland mid September though. I have a friend buying my V6 too, whenever I decide to remove it :lol:

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe
470 Posts
2015 STi rack was prepped to go in with adapters to run the shorter RS lengths and steering lines from Flat 4
Hello your Bast-ness! I've loved following your build on this car. Actually you and I kind of started building our RS Coupes about the same time, so I'd just like to add how much fun it's been watching this car take shape for you since I joined RS25. Keep it up!

As with many things on these cars, I find myself thinking "Oh what if I did this to my car? I think Bast did that and it was pretty awesome." I've since sold my first RS coupe and started over with a '99 Silver RS Coupe. I figured since our cars have the identical year that you'd be the perfect person to get a little more information about one of my favorite bits you've done with your car: the 2015 WRX STI Steering Rack swap. It's been just over a year since you made this modification.

Just trying to avoid the power steering line issues it sounded like you had and see if you had a list of parts needed to successfully do the conversion. Obviously the rack is the main bit (I can source one) but I'm more curious about the details on hooking it up.

If you can dig up that info, I'd appreciate it! Been reading through the pages on this and just trying to consolidate all the information. Thanks!

1001 - 1020 of 1734 Posts