Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 1763 Posts

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
My boyfriend replaced his in his old Bugeye, so he's definitely capable. Now I just need to find a lightly used one haha.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
582 Posts
Bast

Reverend86
Downside of there not being a ton of Subarus out there: tricky to find used parts.
Used parts are very easy to find in the PNW, although I haven't sourced a steering rack so I guess I can't comment on that specific part.

RS looks great!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Haha, the PNW definitely has plenty of parts floating around. I haven't gotten around to sourcing a new rack. Only 2 weeks left of school so my time is in that.

I actually have the matching paint sitting in my kitchen for the grille and hood scoop. It's just so darn cold out lately! Well, and the whole school thing. It'll happen eventually. :)

·
Registered
93 Aqua Frost GF4
819 Posts
[/QUOTE]

that pinstripe! I had the same one. its a bitch.lol

Ps. Are you a girl? I was on NW subies on facebook and i saw this sick legacy wagon. It was a girls and i looked through her photos and she posted a photo of "Frankenwagons" GF8. Did you get rid of your legacy and get the rs? Or am I completely completely wrong?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
nice RS! It's also nice to see another lady with a passion for cars! :)

-amy
Thank you, and likewise! There's a pretty good group of Subaru gals here in the Northwest.

that pinstripe! I had the same one. its a bitch.lol

Ps. Are you a girl? I was on NW subies on facebook and i saw this sick legacy wagon. It was a girls and i looked through her photos and she posted a photo of "Frankenwagons" GF8. Did you get rid of your legacy and get the rs? Or am I completely completely wrong?
That pinstripe was terrible!! I'm glad that I got it off the car.. even though there is some ghost stripe left over.

Also, yes, I am a girl! I did have a black 2005 LGT wagon that I had to sell due to a bad shortblock. I got into a 2000 Audi A4 after the LGT though.. Got the RS after the Audi. But my boyfriend has a GF8 05/06 STi swap. Sooo, I dunno? haha

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I do know Daniell! She has a wicked bugeye. I haven't seen her around for awhile though.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Oh nice! Yeah, totally understand the school business. I'm currently ignoring a sociology paper..

Hopefully I'll see you at a meet before I move to California. I wanna see that Aqua in person! :)

·
Registered
93 Aqua Frost GF4
819 Posts
Oh nice! Yeah, totally understand the school business. I'm currently ignoring a sociology paper..

Hopefully I'll see you at a meet before I move to California. I wanna see that Aqua in person! :)
So im not the only one avoiding school work right now! You are moving to cali? Thats why your bf is trying to sell his wagon... again. And definitely, lol i want to see your rs!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Haha, yeah.. he wants to pay off some tax debt before we go. Plus, then he doesn't have to worry about registering the swap in CA. We're sad to see her go... again. :D

If it doesn't sell, we'll just take it with us and source out the stock evap stuff.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
He got a job at GoPro and that's just not something you pass up! I'm originally from Santa Cruz, CA so I'm somewhat familiar with the Bay Area. Kind of exciting to move back and see the CA Subaru scene.

·
Registered
93 Aqua Frost GF4
819 Posts
That is awesome! Well I wish good luck to you guys.
Are they as popular down there? I went down there a few months ago and I saw maybe 6 (all of which being STIs) And compared to the NW as we know they are everywhere.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
There seems to be a pretty good amount in the Bay Area and they all post on i-club.com.

Another plus side to moving to CA: Once I get the rust spots fixed, I shouldn't have any worries about getting any more haha.

41 - 60 of 1763 Posts