Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 1728 Posts

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's a careful balance. I was in the same boat at one time. I have the same suspension on my Coupe right now. Works great!
This is very true! I keep telling myself to focus on the less expensive, small parts. :) I'm very excited to get some new suspension on! At the moment she feels like a small Cadillac.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Struts and top hats on the way! KYB Excel-Gs should arrive by the 18th; got them for $242 shipped. Front Group N top hats will arrive Monday and rears should arrive tomorrow. Very excited! :)

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Finally got the suspension put on after waiting for more parts. I ordered all new nuts, bolts and washers and it took awhile for them all the come in. I wish I could take credit for the install, but my boyfriend put it all on while I was at work (KYB Excel-Gs, v5 STi springs & Group N tophats):

I'm very satisfied with the ride now! Although, I definitely need some upgraded sway bars. I got the driver side pin striping off the car too. It was fairly easy, as it was just reinstalled by the body shop (looks so much better without it!) Haven't done the other side.. as it's been on there since 99. :facepalm:

I also took my spare badge off the stock grille to paint. Can't really decide on a color though. The Grimmspeed Cherry Blossom Red doesn't look like the right pink to me..

Oh, small difference.. but replaced the DEPOs with JDM. :) (note the still remaining pin stripe :bonk: )

·
Registered
1999 RSTi coupe
402 Posts
Is that pin stripe under a clear coat or something? Back when we bought our 08 it had that gawd awful pin-striping. Took a razor to get the tip off and took it off myself. A little buff to get rid of the residual lines and she was good to go! Beautiful car by the way. :clap:

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Is that pin stripe under a clear coat or something? Back when we bought our 08 it had that gawd awful pin-striping. Took a razor to get the tip off and took it off myself. A little buff to get rid of the residual lines and she was good to go! Beautiful car by the way. :clap:
Doesn't appear to be. I can sit there and chip it off with my nails. And thank you! I've got a detail lined up for Wednesday so she should be sitting pretty here soon!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Crappy photos, but I got a detail and removed all the pin striping; just in time for the rain to start. Even so, it looks much better! Now I just need to get my scoop repainted, and the grille and side skirts.. Maybe my work can give me a discounted service. I will have to ask..

Better photos will be taken as soon as I'm not at work.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
What?!?! you just lost 25 hp.

Car looks great, im still jelly.
:lol:

Driving to work this morning my CEL started flashing. The music was rather loud so I didn't hear anything, but nothing felt abnormal either. I coasted off the highway and stopped a red light. Once stopped (idle felt perfect too) the CEL magically stopped??

I work at a Subaru dealer so I took it to service and they couldn't find any codes. I know the spark plugs were changed roughly 5k ago, but the coilpack is unknown. I'll just keep an eye on things.

·
Registered
99 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
14 Posts
I like the idea for the Zealous carpet I may have to add that to my list, as well as the leather door card inserts. And I have a b5 s4 currently as my second car haha

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Haha, do it! The black carpet looks so nice compared to the gray.

What color is your S4? I always liked the Nogaro.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Picked up a WRX rear sway bar and ordered some touch-up paint to fix my faded scoop and v6 grille. I'm debating ordering some Grimmspeed Cherry Blossom Red and painting the sway bar.

Life news: The boyfriend and I are moving to the Bay Area for his new job. I grew up there, so it's nothing new.. but I'll miss Oregon!

·
Registered
1999 RSTi coupe
402 Posts
Leaving Oregon for Cali. Pffffffft. I guess it's better than having to leave Oregon for El Paso Tx. LOL!

21 - 40 of 1728 Posts