Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 1711 Posts

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
OK I'll make large size, engraved WRS or RS or ??? I'll make a few extra if some locals want to buy or sell on forum. What page on your journal has deal pedal pics? Does it screw down or glued down?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Here's the fastWRX:

JDM STi:

Engraving it RS would be kinda neat. But it also looks nice unmarked if the rest of the pedals don't have engravings.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
I have OEM WRX pedals that just dots so I'll make dead pedal for me with WRS with slight beefier than your pics. Are your dead pedal glued on or screwed down?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I haven't installed my dead pedal yet so I still have the OEM RS one that's glued down. The STi dead pedal has a bracket for the RHD cars that it screws into. Doesn't work for LHD though.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
I'm going to make it with screw down to the carpet/frame. Your JDM pedal looks too small, it doesn't even cover the 2 screw down holes.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Whiteline steering rack bushings and bump steer kit ordered and brownies in the oven. Saturday night complete!

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Brownies in oven! Yum.
Steering rack driver side will be difficult to install. Post some pics when done.
I'm thinking about getting WL bump steer kit too. Does your car weaving a little when hit a bump it uneven pavements?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Can't beat brownies! Unless you have ice cream to go with it.. which we don't.

We'll have the steering rack out so hopefully that'll make it a bit easier. The car has been weaving a bit when going above 60mph. I couldn't really pinpoint any issues when looking under the car. Just a lot of old bushings haha. I figured since I'll have everything out, it doesn't hurt to upgrade a bit. I'll try to get some photos of the install too.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #192 (Edited)
Taillights resealed, fog lights and spats back on.

Might grab some In N Out and slap the new side moldings on. When the weather decides to cooperate I'll get some non apartment garage photos.

EDIT: No molding install; it's raining, my car is filthy and I'm being lazy.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Nice rear end!!! I have JDM tails but too lazy to put them on. if you can do it, I'm ashamed of myself for not install them.

Where do you order your WL stuff?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Very easy install; get out and install them!

I purchased the Whiteline bits from whitelinesuspensionparts.com.

·
Registered
'01 RS
131 Posts
Really digging this build. I like your taste in mods. very clean and simple. especially from another black RS owner!

The paint job looks great. really jealous of the JDM rear bumper and spats. and once you get that v6 wing on, that'll be one nice rear end! i'll keep my eye on your build for some inspiration! haha

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Really digging this build. I like your taste in mods. very clean and simple. especially from another black RS owner!

The paint job looks great. really jealous of the JDM rear bumper and spats. and once you get that v6 wing on, that'll be one nice rear end! i'll keep my eye on your build for some inspiration! haha
Thank you! I'm very excited to get the v6 wing on; it's one of my favorite exterior parts.

Hi!! :) Going to the meet tonight?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
The used RS rack that I was sent has a torn boot. :unamused: But, since it has 60k less miles than my current one does, I'm going to replace the boots and use it anyway.

Nothing else really to report.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
I'm picking up WL ALK bnib for $150 tomorrow in Gilroy. I have a perfect steering rack and disconnected to drive w/out PS, here you're buying one to install it.

181 - 200 of 1711 Posts