Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 WRX/STi Coupe
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put my lip on a couple hours ago.

I've never installed the OEM v6 lip, but I assume it goes better than this. That being said, I paid about a 1/2-1/3rd of the price of OEM and its pretty damn good.

My only complaint is the driver's side of the lip is weird...its too short it seems. Took a lot of effort to get it to fit right, and even so its not perfect. I'm going to soften it up with a heat gun a bit to get it to fit a little nicer.

Also, there was some deep gouges in the lip, seemingly from the lip that the mould was made from. Kind of disappointing as its going to need some severe sanding and perhaps even Bondo to get it flat when I do paint it.

Overall I'm a happy camper for the price paid.

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
if its the one that just went on sale for $110 I would have to disagree. Mine was the right length, looks very damn good and fit perfectly. Maybe I'm just lucky.

·
Registered
1999 RBP 2.5RS
210 Posts
same thing as the OP, one of the holes didn't fit right on the driver's side. I really had to stretch the lip over the bumper to get it to fit. I ended up drilling a hole through the bumper so that the bolt would go in. Can't really argue with the price though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts