Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Baller
94 WRX, '11 R6 race bike
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bit of a problem that i have no idea how to solve really. The pins inside the connectors for the ECU are bent/pushed back a little so that the connection to the actual ECU doesnt work that well. For example, with the key turned foward, i can hear the fuel pump turning on and off by twisting or bending the wires going up to the ecu while they are plugged in.

The guys at LIC motorsports said that the pins are pushed back because so many people have been prodding each pin so much checking for electrical problems. they suggested possibly shaving the front of each ECU connector to make it so the pins are closer thus making contact with the ecu, but they arent exactly sure this would work. I'd rather not cut and splice every single wire at the ecu connection location as well if possible, any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
The pins are removable, so see if you can get the locking mechanism to release, then slide the pins forward and relock them.

Shaving the face of the plug would be my last choice....but if it works, it works.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
/\ What Storm said. Or if its the pins in the ecu, use a small set of needle nose pliers to pull them back out.

·
Premium Baller
94 WRX, '11 R6 race bike
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the problem though is that most of the holes are really small and you cant fit much more than a paper clip in there

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Dude....the plug has a locking clip that is removable. Slide it over to unlock the pins (little tiny holes) and reposition them.

·
Premium Baller
94 WRX, '11 R6 race bike
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm not sure i see what you are talking about, there is some thing on the bottom of the connector that looks like it can come out, but it only moves a little bit and i still cant do anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.