•Turbo'd April 2010
•RWD Conversion March 2014
•New Wheels & Fender Flares April 2015

Tutorials:
How To Turbo Your Non-Turbo Subaru
How-To Fit a Honda Front Lip On a Subaru - Automersion
Install: Clutch Masters FX250 in RWD 1999 Subaru Impreza - Automersion

Old Photos:

Lalita {la-LEE-tah} - Hindi & Sanskrit origin, meaning 'playful'.

The name Lalita couldn't fit the wagon better, in my opinion.

Performance:
Td04 Turbo
WRX TMIC
OBX Turbo-Back Exhaust
Custom Up-pipe
WRX Fuel Pump
MS3 Unequal Length Headers
A/C delete
Unorthodox Alternator pulley
Unorthodox Powersteering pulley
B&M Short Shifter
AEM Dry-Flow air filter
Custom Intake
Rear Strut Tower Brace
C-Pillar Brace
NGK spark plugs
Custom Radiator Shroud
Custom Airbox/Heat Shield
Stoptech Steel-Brake Lines
Rear Disc Conversion
Welded Center Differential (for RWD)
Welded Rear Differential
Modded Front Axles
Driveshaft Shop r160 500hp rear axles
Clutch Masters fx250 clutch

Suspension/Handling:
20mm WRX rear sway bar
Perrin Rear Solid Endlinks
Raceland Coilovers
SSP Type-C Wheels 16x6.5 +40
Drifz 308B Spec-R 16x8 +25

Exterior:
Subaru Aspen White Paint
JDM ver.6 front bumper [modded] / with Custom Front Lip
OEM L front bumper [modded] / with Honda Accord Front Lip
JDM WRX Mid Spoiler
Custom Color Match Headlight Shroud
Clear Corner lights
APC clear side markers
Removed rear bumper cover
Debadged Hatch
Orciari CW Sideskirts/Rear Spats
Red Tinted Tailights
Custom Grill
STi v8 style hood scoop [installed and removed periodically]
HTautos Induction Scoop
Granador style Mirrors

Interior:
Stripped out except for the 2 front seats and dash
2.5rs White Faced Cluster
TRUST shift knob / Dragonball shift knob
ScanGauge II
Boost Gauge
Glowshift RPM Gauge/Shift Light
Sonic Motor VS3 driver seat / 2004 WRX passenger seat
3in Shifter Extension
270mm rear-view mirror

I had no idea just how much my life would change on June 26, 2007, the day I picked up my 1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport.
It was completely stock [with some added dings and cracks] and a red/gray two-tone that I almost despised.
It was only a matter of days before I started doing little modification and ordering parts.
The first major change started in November of 2007.

I was taking an auto body class in high school and decided to get rid of the two-tone for something more classy.

Minor modifications came after that.

A set of 2002 WRX wheels, rear-sway-bar and Vogtland Springs / KYB GR-2 struts.

July 26, 2008 was my first autocross event, ever. I was the most fun I had ever had in a vehicle. I was making big plans in my head when I was on my way home from the event.
The next day, the unthinkable happened.

I was on my way to work at roughly 7:30am, still pumped about the race the previous day, I didn't even make it half a mile.

My neighbor pulled out of his driveway without looking and t-boned me, sending me sliding on the gravel.

It had been wagon vs. wagon, neither came out very good.
After it was all said and done, I was handed a check for more than I purchased the wagon for, I bought the car back for $100. I paid off the wagon and purchased a 1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5gt for a daily-driver so I could set the wagon up for racing.

After replacing a bent lateral-link and ordering a new door, the wagon was presentable and drivable again.
Now, the modding never really stopped from here to my next update. The interior was stripped, a/c deleted and wheels/tires were ordered but it wasn't until April of 2010 that the wagon saw new light.
A home-brew turbo setup was installed on the stock ej22. Consisting of turbo parts from a WRX and custom fabricated pieces.

It was because of this car that I had even purchased a camera. Little did I know that it would captivate me and I would pursue it as my career.
My passion for the automotive scene and culture was catapulted by this car.
The people I have met and the things I have done along the way, have been nothing short of amazing.
I'm so stoked that the wagon is in Montana with me now and we can begin the next phase of out journey.
Plans are taking motion!

Attachments

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The turbo kit is in progress and I am looking at buying a daily driver so I can pull my motor and put in some low compression pistons. Also, I should have my KYB GR-2 shocks and Tanabe GF210 springs in a couple of weeks. Here are the most recent pics I have.

I dont know why my car looks two shades of white in the last pic.

·
(860)
2001 2.5RSTi Coupe
1,095 Posts
wow thats pretty hot, i like the fog lights behind the grille, its not something you see too often

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt know you painted that yourself....looks good!

Thanks, yeah I decided for only $341 I couldn't pass it up. Plus its nice to be able to say that I did all the work myself on the project. Even the turbo kit will be mach'd up by me and the up pipe with some help of my friend's dad.

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just ordered my suspension yesterday, KYB GR-2 with VOGTLAND springs, $381 shipped(my suspension cost more than my paint job haha). Hopefully have them on by this coming up weekend then I will post picks :) I can't wait. Now I have to decide if I should paint my rims black or not....

Generic Ebay Pic...

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
Good work man. So you plan on to turbo the ej22? I bet the ej22 would have awesome low end torque when turbo'd. I kinda want to spend some extra money and turbo my motor before i swap it.

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^Yeah, I plan on turboing the ej22. I have talked to people that did pretty much the exact same setup I am doing and they dyno'd at 170-180whp and 210wt so it will be a pretty decent setup. Faster than a WRX, a little more power and my car is about 400lbs lighter than a WRX :)

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Decided I am going to tint the orange part of my tail lights red since I removed all the other orange lights and dont want to spend the money on JDM tails at the moment. The red spray should be here any day and the suspension will be here Monday.
I am installing that at my buddy's because he has a lift and while we are doing that his dad might make me some custom UEL single port headers. Hopefully next week is busy and progressive. I'll post pictures when I get them :)

Ohh yeah, my turbo build might be postponed until next summer because I am trying to save some money so I can get an apartment or a trailer or even a house, I have a hookup so hopefully it will be pretty cheap.

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I got the springs/struts on the other day and washed my car today so I could finally take some pictures. I am pretty pleased with the VOGTLAND springs. I did get pretty bad "ass sag" but I put in 3 washers and it sits nice now. Also, body roll is at a minimum :)

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
STi front lip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old tail lights

Red tinted tails

Pillar gauge pod, 2.5rs white faced gauge cluster (needles on my old cluster were f'ed up)

Lower my car 1.5inches on VOGTLAND springs and KYB GR-2 shocks

Tinted tails on car and new license plate

ANd for me
Canon Rebel XT kit....regular $550, I got it priority shipped for $380 :)

Next is to get the wheels painted BLACK

1 - 20 of 983 Posts