Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after taking my car apart for a turbo kit i didnt get a few parts i needed in the mail in time before i have to take it to school so i put the turbo X member and sway on and put my intake manifold back on, plugged everything back in and reattached all vacuum lines. When i cranked her up she was putting and just sounding terrible and smelling wayyyyy to rich. when i plugged the car into my computer it threw some codes;

-vehicle speed sensor A malfunction
-02 sensor circuit malfunction (obvious what this is)
-manufacturer control fuel air metering
-Manufacturer vehicle speed idle speed control auxilary inputs
-MAP/Baro/CKT Range/Perf
i am supposed to leave on saturday for school and this sucks.anyone have any advise on what to look at?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sorry i have been busy with getting to school and getting situated...i ended up taking it to a shop and it is back together now. haha now i have a new problem...it has been running fine and all of a sudden i get back to school from home (about an hour and a half drive), and my car is turning over and will not start. and yes it has gas lol. im not sure what it could be but in the past it has had trouble running when it is raining or damp out and it just got done raining for a while and i havnt drivin it in about two days...anyone ever have these problems????

·
Registered
1999, RS, Silver 2 Door
33 Posts
Check for Spark could be the coil pack, if its the one that sits on top of the engine, check for carbon tracks. Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check for Spark could be the coil pack, if its the one that sits on top of the engine, check for carbon tracks. Hope this helps a bit.
i think it could be the coilpack...just last week i had the hood popped and when i put my hand close to it i got a little shock so i need to replace the either way. also could be exactly why my car runs so bad in the rain if the coilpack gets wet...i think that makes sense, correct me if im wrong. and how would i check for carbon tracks?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did u put the ground wire back on next to the coil pack?
if the ground wire is the only coilpack wires that connect to the left of it then yes. i dont see any other wires or connections coming from it. and it was running for a while just fine for about a month before this problem started just the other day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts