Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Baby car seat and Impreza RS

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  shaggie 
#1 ·
Anyone know if a car seat would fit in an Impreza RS coupe (98' or 99')? I'm looking to buy one and I'd rather not drive an hour to find out.

Thanks,
Brian

#3 ·
Well, I have an 05 sedan, don't know how rear seat space compares to the older coupe. It will fit, BUT....

A) Rear-facing seats will require that a front seat be moved forward. Hope you're short.

B) Now that he's forward-facing, my 14 month old's feet touch the back of the front seats.

I need a bigger car.

#5 · (Edited)
I tried a Graco Snugride carrier/car seat, it didn't fit. The Graco Comfortsport fits well while rear facing and forward facing. My son who's 14 months can kick my seat. I'm 6' and this is in a 00 coupe. The one day we did use my car with the Snugride, my passenger seat had to go all the way forward and the wife had to sit behind me. She was not happy or comfy. The Comfortsport When rear facing comes forward enough to be between our shoulders. Its not uncomfortable in any way. Sort of a pain getting the kid in and out. Now that he's facing forward we take my car all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.