Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a car seat would fit in an Impreza RS coupe (98' or 99')? I'm looking to buy one and I'd rather not drive an hour to find out.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Well, I have an 05 sedan, don't know how rear seat space compares to the older coupe. It will fit, BUT....

A) Rear-facing seats will require that a front seat be moved forward. Hope you're short.

B) Now that he's forward-facing, my 14 month old's feet touch the back of the front seats.

I need a bigger car.

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
The Babytrends Trendsport travel system fit just fine in my RS. Now I have a Britax Marathon and too did well in the RS.

·
peon
shitty shitty bang bang
2,583 Posts
I tried a Graco Snugride carrier/car seat, it didn't fit. The Graco Comfortsport fits well while rear facing and forward facing. My son who's 14 months can kick my seat. I'm 6' and this is in a 00 coupe. The one day we did use my car with the Snugride, my passenger seat had to go all the way forward and the wife had to sit behind me. She was not happy or comfy. The Comfortsport When rear facing comes forward enough to be between our shoulders. Its not uncomfortable in any way. Sort of a pain getting the kid in and out. Now that he's facing forward we take my car all the time.

·
peon
shitty shitty bang bang
2,583 Posts
thats the same one I have but with a checkered grey pattern sort of matches the black checkers in my RS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts