Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I see a few Audi 80/90s out on Craigslist and some other places. Just fishing for feedback on how they are, overall.

Spare the "Audi sucks" comments, I know all about the reliability issues. :D Most of that stuff points toward the newer cars, though... at least that I've seen.

Still saving for my WRX swap, but I'm considering a very cheap second car as a runabout. I guess I like how these look, so they're an option.

I'm going to hop over to Audiworld and browse the B3 forums, too.

Thanks!
=S2=

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Slow. Engines and transmissions are bulletproof. Ride and handling are excellent. Front strut mounts are a weak spot, and electrical systems can be suspect.

All in all, nice cars. If you see me on audiworld, don't forget to say hi.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't hang out there much, but every few months I stop by. I got started there right around 1998 or '99, there and VW Vortex. I had my '94 Acura Integra back then, so I was a member of All Things Integra, which got hacked and destroyed. It turned in to Honda-Acura.net, where I started Moderating the S2000 forum. That spawned s2000online.com, which is now S2KI. I was one of their first Mods. Then I bought my RS, and well.... I was i-Club (now NASIOC) bound, and haven't looked back. :D

But I always enjoyed hanging out on AudiWorld, the 'Vortex and the BMW Roadfly forums. Every once in a while, at least.

I'm not concerned about the car being fast, if I picked one up it'd be purely as a second car to commute.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts