IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,541 · (Edited)
Got the IAG windage tray and installed the oil pan:

Back in with the KillerB Pickup:

IAG oil pan from the top with the rubber gasket installed:

Pan installed:

My car was tuned with an aftermarket crosspipe (Motion Labs Tuning, they don't exist anymore) before but that cracked and leaked and I have been using the stock crosspipe for a few years. I had to remove the cross pipe to install the oil pan I decided to order a Grimmspeed one:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,542 ·
Since I'm working on oiling upgrades I upgraded the oil cooler. I had the Mishimoto kit for a 2003 wrx already installed and at my last track day I was reading high temps with the temp sensor at the sandwich plate over 260 degrees. I swapped out the core with a Setrab series 6 19 row core. I had to get a 90 -an fitting since the core would need to be mounted higher to fit.

My previous setup with the Mishimoto 10 row core using the 45 degree elbow:

The Setrab unit:

Using the 90 elbow:

Mounted:

Splitter mounted and Rally's approval, I think:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,544 ·
Added more interior rice with the 6OC Rally Sport rear door card replacement and just the seat bottom. I was able to just order the bottom since I wanted to keep my Beatrush bulkhead

I had to remove the front driver seat to get access:

I also had to move the rollbar a bit just so I could install the rivnuts:

I had to bend the included brackets to make it all fit because I wasn't using the whole kit:

I also added rivnuts to the Beatrush bulkhead to mount the rear part of the seat bottom

And of course I cross threaded one of the seat bolts and had to clean the threads:

Seat back in:

·
Registered
21 Posts
This car is amazing. I'm taking notes from this thread, there's a lot of great info in here. You did an amazing job with this suspension geometry on this car. I'm assuming there's little to no understeer now that you've beefed up the chassis the way you did?

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,546 ·
This car is amazing. I'm taking notes from this thread, there's a lot of great info in here. You did an amazing job with this suspension geometry on this car. I'm assuming there's little to no understeer now that you've beefed up the chassis the way you did?
Thanks man!
On a steady state the car will still understeer like on a long sweeping corner, if the car is going too fast it will push and understeer. To correct that I can lift the throttle and the car will rotate. If I'm almost at the limit of the tire in a corner and I decide to mash the throttle it will lose the rear and oversteer. So it depends on the situation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks man!
On a steady state the car will still understeer like on a long sweeping corner, if the car is going too fast it will push and understeer. To correct that I can lift the throttle and the car will rotate. If I'm almost at the limit of the tire in a corner and I decide to mash the throttle it will lose the rear and oversteer. So it depends on the situation.
What setting do you have your DCCD Pro at? Do you have it set to auto or do you have a manual setting you prefer? Would having the torque bias set to the rear manually change the behavior through the corners?

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,551 ·
What setting do you have your DCCD Pro at? Do you have it set to auto or do you have a manual setting you prefer? Would having the torque bias set to the rear manually change the behavior through the corners?
I leave mine at weakest auto setting. Don't have the brain power to drive and think about adjusting the locking percentage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I leave mine at weakest auto setting. Don't have the brain power to drive and think about adjusting the locking percentage.
Sorry I didn't ask my question properly. I was asking if you ever tried tracking it with locking the differential at rear bias, with 65% going to the rear? What is the dynamics of the car on the track under that setting?

1541 - 1552 of 1552 Posts