Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1521 - 1540 of 1552 Posts

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,521 ·
My repaired RCE T2s have come back and I mounted them back in and took a quick test drive and the shocks seem to be working well this time. Gonna stiffen them up and test again soon.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,522 ·
My friend who also has a fifth gen Legacy hooked me up with a stock STI RSB. Gonna take the Fat WRX for an autox next month for some practice.
OEM:

STI:

OEM Bar on top and STI bar below:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,524 ·
Sorry for the lack up updates but I got a new RPF1 to replace my bent wheel:

A set of new tires since one of mine buldged out they are Maxxis VR-1 in 245/40/17:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,526 ·
Also move to a new place with the wifey:

Since I had to reinstall the coilovers I needed an alignment again over at West End:

Finally got a nice set of gloves for the track and autox, Sparco Tide KG-9. I tried them out for autox and they are awesome, super grippy to the wheel and no blisters like my old gloves gave me:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,530 ·
The car survived a day at ButtonWillow without breaking anything this time. I also almost caught up to my old PB of 2:07.521 this time. I think with a little more instruction and practice I could get it down to a 2:05. My friend who tracks a ton drove my car and easily got a 2:05 and thinks he could sub 2 with a little more seat time.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,534 · (Edited)
My wife got me the 6OC Rallysport door cards for my bday! They look pretty sweet but it is a little bit of a DIY job since none of the holes are drilled.

I extended the wiring for the driver's side window controls:

Installed the included rivnuts:

Finished, I also added an additional rivnut and bolt at the door handle:

One thing I'm not a fan of is the door gap that I'll figure out how to fix in the future:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,536 ·
Huh, I did not think there was a market for these.

You plan to build a cage to match?
My arm rests were in the way when on autox and they didn't look so good. Maybe in the future but not any time soon

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,532 Posts
Valid points. And I think a blank canvas would just be boring and not have the same strength as the current design, like beading a trunk delete vs a flat piece of material.

They do look good for sure.

I just know me having 2 cages, I would have OCD in my cars with the X's not lining up lol

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,538 ·
Valid points. And I think a blank canvas would just be boring and not have the same strength as the current design, like beading a trunk delete vs a flat piece of material.

They do look good for sure.

I just know me having 2 cages, I would have OCD in my cars with the X's not lining up lol
Haha I know!

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,539 ·
I was about to upgrade my oil pan to the IAG track pan over the weekend:

Lifted the engine after taking off the intercooler, pitch mount, intake tube, radiator stays and removing part of the header:

OE pan off:

I was planning on reusing the KillerB pickup and windage tray that I already had since 2012 but when removing the pick up to install the spacers for the new pan I found the mounting bracket for the windage tray was broken off:

It looks like the KB windage tray was missing a piece and fished the piece out of the oil pan:

After posting this in my IG story and tagging KB, KB contacted me about warrantying it so I'll be waiting on a new windage tray before I can complete the IAG oil pan install.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,532 Posts
I saw your post. I have 2 new ones still that have been sitting for years. I better check them before install to see any stress cracks. Glad they are replacing it!

I would be worried about that broken piece blocking the suction on the intake while driving on the track :[

1521 - 1540 of 1552 Posts