Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1481 - 1491 of 1491 Posts

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,481
I'm also replacing all the coolant hoses.
Did the heater hoses:

The top and bottom radiator hoses:

Going to bypass the OEM Oil "cooler":

And replaced the water pump hoses:

Had to take the radiator out to get to the OEM oil cooler hoses:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,482
Got the coilovers back, assembled and installed

And reinstalled the radiator and filled her up:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,484
Got my fiance into a Subaru finally, a 2017 Forester XT Touring in Quartz Blue Pearl!

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
973 Posts
nice updates here. I feel like I'm betraying the forum by being more active on FB and insta even though I was never a big social media guy.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,487
nice updates here. I feel like I'm betraying the forum by being more active on FB and insta even though I was never a big social media guy.
No worries, I mainly post on Insta. I just followed you lol

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,489
Got the Getadomtune 4th cylinder cooling mod in, I should have done this before I filled up the coolant but I just drained and reused the new coolant. Install was pretty easy, but I removed the TMIC and did the work from both the top of the engine and the under the car:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,490
The OEM rear endlink had its threads stripped on my daily so I ordered in some whiteline endlinks and installed them:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,491
I replaced a lot of components on my rear suspension too. I got new rear trailing arms off a guy that builds them on ebay. He doesn't have a website but they look like quality pieces with huge bearings and they are about 1/4" shorter than stock for lowered vehicles. His shop was called Road Race Motorsport, he claimed these would be the last set he made because he wanted to get out of the gig to spend more time with family:

I also installed Whiteline rear adjustable lateral links with the tow lock kit. I used my OE links to get them to the right lengths before the install and I'm going in for an alignment this week:

And the tow lock kit sets it up so that the OEM tow adjustment is disabled since the link will be doing all the adjustment for camber and tow:

1481 - 1491 of 1491 Posts