Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 1491 Posts

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Yeah I already cleaned it up after finding where the leak was coming from. Just sucks that something else needs to go wrong lol.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Wow I found some old pics in a super old thread I made. I sound like such a noob... lol

Flash forward to now, its nice that I got a swap and working dccd haha. The old pics make me miss how nice my paint used to be.

·
Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
2,176 Posts
i hate how stupid we all sounded back in the infancy of the site. we sounded like re re's..:lol:
not even... its us maturing... seems like more and more people new owners who have just bought gcs come into this site wanting to already mod.

anyways, great journal, love the dccd light up.. always plus when u can get some jdm bling working in the US. I might have missed it, but are u running 114.3 hubs?

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
not even... its us maturing... seems like more and more people new owners who have just bought gcs come into this site wanting to already mod.

anyways, great journal, love the dccd light up.. always plus when u can get some jdm bling working in the US. I might have missed it, but are u running 114.3 hubs?
Thanks! I'm still on stock hubs. So its 6speed tranny stock axles on the front, auto driveshaft to 3.9 r160 to stock axles in the rear.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Got the Motion Labs Tuning UpPipe, Tial 38mm EWG, Motion Labs Tuning CrossPipe, Prodrive BCS installed and got the car tuned over at EDO Performance.
I asked for a conservative tune to keep my old engine safe:
The tune was on a DynaPack, according to the tuner, Edwin, stock STi's make 220-230 WHP and 230 WTQ on it.

The EWG is rediculously loud, but the butt dyno likes the current setup.

·
Banned
00 2.5rs ASPEN COUPE
1,182 Posts
still so jealous. idk how u guys do it on the west coast. idk why people say ny is the best place to be for work. an u guys have everything over there. im so jealous. i need to get out of new york already.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Haha thanks guys. I think I'll be done for power mods for now, till something breaks and I'll need to upgrade (100k on the engine and turbo). I wanna start saving and focusing on looks. I got a ver6 grill from the group buy, and 22b vents. I wanna get the taller but stock design looking scoop, some sort of front lip for the ver4 bumper, JDM rear bumper cover, spats with aero guards and finally a new paint job (most likely RBP).

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Yeah like that, planning on getting the bakemono one when I have the extra funding available.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Yeah, bigger scoop with no intercooler is on the ricey side lol.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Some pics of the new stuff installed.
Prodrive BCS:

TiAL 38mm EWG:

MLT Crosspipe:

Turbo with Grimmspeed EWG bracket:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Just got this in the mail today:
A 2004 Sti steering rack. And an L & E fabricated U-Joint

I'll hopefully install sometime in January.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Just finished installing a new 04 STi alternator. I had to cut and splice in a new connector for the alternator since my 98 was a 2 pin connector and an STi alternator is a 3 pin.

61 - 80 of 1491 Posts