Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 1494 Posts

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Man, the FXTs horn is so much better than the Impreza. So i got a low horn on ebay for cheap, and hooked it up in tandem with the stock rs horn. Sounds nice, I'll post a video when I have a chance.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just took it for a test drive.... The combo of the dweeby impreza horn and fozzy horn don't match... Sounds dumpy. Gotta get the forester high horn.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Wasn't so bad. Just sucks when things break like bolts, realizing that you're missing a part even a small part like the oem boost solenoid. I didn't even want to try doing the wiring lol.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Installed the Forester high horn, so I got both the Fozzy high and low horns, sounds awesome.
I'll post a video when I can.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
The stock 06-07 tails are ugly. So I got these and installed them today. Looks so much better!

Half done.

All done.

It was so much easier than an Impreza tail light swap since there is no sealant. Just some pegs and bolts.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Started the 6 speed swap into the RS
Moved the car and all the parts to a shop during off hours:
Its nice to have folding rear seats in the Fozzy.

Everything out:

Made a big mistake, by the tranny falling off of the transmission jack and it cracked the extension caseing where it connects to the drive shaft, to the point where the drive shaft can't fit correctly:bonk:. So I have a new casing extension on order.

I'll upload more pics at home.

21 - 40 of 1494 Posts