Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 1480 Posts

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '03 WRX Wgn
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
the tial ewg set up is my favorite set up. you didnt have this at the last meet i met you at did you? if you did i want to kick myself for not asking to hear it haha!
I had the setup when we had that big BBQ classics meet. Its super loud, I'm gonna reroute back into the downpipe, but I'll be able to reverse it to atmospheric dump lol.

Nice! I need to put my front sway bar in as well. Been running no sway bar up front LOL
Wow, how does it handle without a FSB?

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1,471 Posts
I haven't really cornered my car hard enough to tell you how it feels with and without one lol. All ever feel when I corner is grip since I'm running 265 all the way around haha.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I haven't really cornered my car hard enough to tell you how it feels with and without one lol. All ever feel when I corner is grip since I'm running 265 all the way around haha.
Haha, nice!

·
Registered
99' RBP RSTi
2,441 Posts
I had the setup when we had that big BBQ classics meet. Its super loud, I'm gonna reroute back into the downpipe, but I'll be able to reverse it to atmospheric dump lol.
brb... okay just kicked myself lol

damn im jealous that is exactly what i want once i swap my car this summer

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
Track Day
Here are some pics of my car:

On my last session, I went off the track at turn 1. I was stuck behind a Mustang GT for 3 laps and he finally gave me the point by but didn't let off the throttle and by the time I passed him, I was coming into the turn too hot.
Can't wait to go to Chuckwalla Valley in 2 weeks!

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
Oh and on Sunday I installed my Perrin 22mm FSB to give me more rotation and a set of Torque Solutions transmission crossmember bushings. I was really worried that the Perrin FSB wouldn't fit, since they only list it for a WRX and don't specify wagon or sedan. My previous sway bar was off a wrx wagon to clear the turbo exhaust and GC control arms. But I contacted Perrin and they claim that their bar works on both sedans and wagons. Mine fit fine.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
Haha thanks. Another bit of info, when my wife's car was getting it's new tires 2 of the studs were stripped! We were on our way to pick up my car from Forman Performance since I had them reroute my ewg back into the downpipe. Even though all their lifts were in use and they were going to close soon they helped us out and replaced the broken studs.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I also cleaned my engine bay. I covered all the electrical parts and sprayed simple green and hosed it off.

The intake manifold is so red :)

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #118 (Edited)
Track Day
The car survived another track day at Chuckwalla Vally. It was a lot of fun, I learned a lot from my brother who sat in with me and I also sat in his AP2 S2k. Here are a couple of pics off of my brother's GoPro:

Oh and on my first session I went into the dirt, too fast with no one infront of me and possibly cold tires, into turn 14:

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #120 (Edited)
I improved quite a bit, started my times all over the place in the 2:30s and I got consistent at around 2:20s, my best time was 2:17. my friend with a lot more experience with a gutted, dying 3rd gen Prelude was getting 2:16 lol. My brother's best time was I think 2:11.

101 - 120 of 1480 Posts